Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie: Need feedback on Small Heli

Good day to all,
    Have read through the forum and now in total lost... trying to purchase a second hand unit from the forum too.

1) Hirobo SRB Quark / Hirobo SRB Quark SG.
    2) Titan innovator
    3) Trex Align 250

It appears that the above are quite suitable for beginners. Me thinking of getting one of it so that I can practice in my free time at home.

Now question is which is more suitable a newbie who have complete null knowledge of flying a hobby?

I was planning for a collective pitch heli, so need not upgrade as time goes by. But which is best? Wondering all who when through the initial stage of a beginner can advice.

Also those who own either one, two or all the above unit can shall if me or us the feedback on the set.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Originally posted by desiderata View Post
    Good day to all,
    Have read through the forum and now in total lost... trying to purchase a second hand unit from the forum too.

1) Hirobo SRB Quark / Hirobo SRB Quark SG.
    2) Titan innovator
    3) Trex Align 250

It appears that the above are quite suitable for beginners. Me thinking of getting one of it so that I can practice in my free time at home.

Now question is which is more suitable a newbie who have complete null knowledge of flying a hobby?

I was planning for a collective pitch heli, so need not upgrade as time goes by. But which is best? Wondering all who when through the initial stage of a beginner can advice.

Also those who own either one, two or all the above unit can shall if me or us the feedback on the set.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
    SRB Quark is fixed-pitch, and much more newbie-friendly compared to Align T-rex 250.
    Although, I think the "e-Flite Blade" series of heli may offer better value for money than Hirobo SRB Quark.

If you are really starting from zero RC-heli experience, then you will crash even something like the SRB Quark a lot, unless you practise on a simulator. (Phoenix-Sim is cheaper than other brands, and good enough for me.)

If for some reason you hate or can't use a simulator, and you have zero RC heli experience, then it may be better to start with a coaxial. I like the Blade MCX and other China helis of similar size and design.

If you have already bought a "proper" transmitter, then your choices of the above might be narrowed by this choice.

Comment

trex250 is a big no-no for a beginner. start with co-axial like the lama or hirobo xrb. most importantly, get a sim, its the best investment if you are into helis for the long run. I am glad I bought one.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Good day bro,
        Please pardon me for the late reply.

Personally my thinking was to get one that have collective pitch & cheap parts, so that I need not thinking of getting a new babe as I progress. Maybe this is a result that I derive into conclusion of a Align 250. Therefore repair cost will bring to minimum.

Reading in the web, spares are quite affordable, expect for parts are miniature.

As for sim, I can agreed that it will safe lots of $$$. But I have this pproblem that it's 2 dimension. Kind of not use to it.

However bro, you have been a great help. Otherwise I will lose interest in no time.

Once again, many thanks for the enlighten me on it's issue.

By the way I read some project on 'fly bar less' seem quite helpful. But don't understand the theory. Can you help?

Cheers
        Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
        trex250 is a big no-no for a beginner. start with co-axial like the lama or hirobo xrb. most importantly, get a sim, its the best investment if you are into helis for the long run. I am glad I bought one.

Comment

Good day bro,
          Please pardon me, without prejudice but I think Co-Axial pretty funny 4 blade. And will the cost of blade replacement be double?

I read Jyheli had gone through some project and manage to resolve the tail problem. What I can said he is really good in R&D. Ir-regardless of numerous trial & error. Never give up...

Like I explain, I have difficult reading Sim. Don't know why? Alway crushed before even lifting. Ha... Ha... Ha... 

Wondering you senior can help me out.

Thanks

Originally posted by kaon View Post
          SRB Quark is fixed-pitch, and much more newbie-friendly compared to Align T-rex 250.
          Although, I think the "e-Flite Blade" series of heli may offer better value for money than Hirobo SRB Quark.

If you are really starting from zero RC-heli experience, then you will crash even something like the SRB Quark a lot, unless you practise on a simulator. (Phoenix-Sim is cheaper than other brands, and good enough for me.)

If for some reason you hate or can't use a simulator, and you have zero RC heli experience, then it may be better to start with a coaxial. I like the Blade MCX and other China helis of similar size and design.

If you have already bought a "proper" transmitter, then your choices of the above might be narrowed by this choice.

Comment

u must know the basic of the control. which one is aileron, elevator and what it does etc. then practise more in simulator. Start with plane as it easier to control.

Comment

I am new in this hobby too. If you intend to fly outdoor you may consider 450 size. As I think Trex 250 is also too big for indoor anyway (unless you have very big living room ). At this 450 size I still can comfortible practice at rooftop of MCP. (except have to walk all the way to roof top)

Comment

I am new in this hobby too. If you intend to fly outdoor you may consider 450 size. As I think Trex 250 is also too big for indoor anyway (unless you have very big living room ). At this 450 size I still can comfortible practice at rooftop of MCP. (except have to walk all the way to roof top)

Comment

Many thanks Bro,
                  Maybe I just don't get things right. Alway upon lifting alway crash wither or right.

Can't seem to understand 2d! So gave up on sim.

Ha... Ha... Ha...

Maybe practical can do better. Just like driving some do well with practical, while other's did well with theory.

Cheers

Originally posted by vintcs View Post
                  u must know the basic of the control. which one is aileron, elevator and what it does etc. then practise more in simulator. Start with plane as it easier to control.

Comment

May be just to share a bit about my situation.

Apparently I am staying near 2 open field & 1 MPH. so I kind of lucky that I can put into prattled of either till I moving.

Only occasionally the field or the hall is occupy.

So thought of going there to practise.

Cheers

Originally posted by IAmDrones View Post

Comment

Don't want to use sim and want to start immediately with collective pitch?

If you really must start from zero directly to collective pitch then, I won't say I am sure it's impossible... but just some suggestions...

Make some training gear. like an X-shape of carbon tubes, just use scotchtape to attach.

You may need to get your heli checked by someone, but make sure your heli is set up properly, and transmitter set up properly.

Have you decided whether to use Mode2 or Mode1? (I picked Mode2, because, to me, it makes sense for both types of cyclic to be on one stick.)

If your eye-motor-skills are average, you will be crashing and repairing quite often.

Comment

Working...
                      X