Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine storage

I have a few engines new and used that are currently not in any heli. any particular way to store them? as it is now i just leave them in the box with the bubble wrap.

Originally posted by mano View Post
    I have a few engines new and used that are currently not in any heli. any particular way to store them? as it is now i just leave them in the box with the bubble wrap.
    i do it with some after-run-oil in them even new.
    I love PAP

Comment

I ks, after run oil inside (except carb), put in ziplock, then spray a light coat of wd40 before sealing it. Then drop the ziplock in another ziplock, double sealed.

Haven't come across any prob when I take it out to use on another plane, and no discoloration on the outside even after a year.
      huh

Comment

Just started all my engines after 20 months of no-flying and all OK. 20months of being in 'storage', they been in 40 ft high-cube containers, at sea for 2 months, gone through +45 degree heat and -25 cold, and also covered with sawdust from my workshop, and still OK.

All I did was run it dry ...

Need to start flying again, but the 60 km/h winds make it a little challenging!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X