Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Trex600

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=3788

Lovely stuff except for the phoenix esc.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

castle esc not gd?

Comment

Guess its the negative reputation. . . .
      sigpic
      Radix 690mm, 600mm FBL(pristine cond.)
      Futaba GY611
      HIROBO Quark SRB 2.4gHz
      HIROBO Sceadu Evolution EX50 (full carbon, SZ IV rotorhead, full electronics, original Hirobo mains and tails, FRP canopy+decals, original Hirobo electric power mechanics)

Comment

Hi there.

u read bad things about castle because of the sheer number of people using castle and people do not post unless things go bad. for every bad posting there are thousands of people quietly happily using CC esc.

i have had shitty china ESCs that has gone bad and burnt up and all i can do is suck thumb cause the china companies dont give a shit if their ESC kills u.

Castle ALWAYS replies my emails and entertains my request for replacing ESCs. i have had 2 CC35 replaced over 4 years of flying F.O.C (they died due to my user error btw) and i had my HV85 replaced for a nominal fee cause they said its no longer under warranty and mind you.. its really nominal like less than half the price of a new ESC and they USPS priority mail to you back for FREE.

And here is the real Kicker... i got all my ESCs 2nd hand from the marketplace and CC never gives a shit where i got the ESC. they only care when it was sold and manufactured. they still honor the warranty claims on the products. Try that with Hobbywing or Align.

don't knock the company before you have used the products and base on what you read on the forums.

Cheers!
        Happy Castle Camper

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          Hi there.

u read bad things about castle because of the sheer number of people using castle and people do not post unless things go bad. for every bad posting there are thousands of people quietly happily using CC esc.

i have had shitty china ESCs that has gone bad and burnt up and all i can do is suck thumb cause the china companies dont give a shit if their ESC kills u.

Castle ALWAYS replies my emails and entertains my request for replacing ESCs. i have had 2 CC35 replaced over 4 years of flying F.O.C (they died due to my user error btw) and i had my HV85 replaced for a nominal fee cause they said its no longer under warranty and mind you.. its really nominal like less than half the price of a new ESC and they USPS priority mail to you back for FREE.

And here is the real Kicker... i got all my ESCs 2nd hand from the marketplace and CC never gives a shit where i got the ESC. they only care when it was sold and manufactured. they still honor the warranty claims on the products. Try that with Hobbywing or Align.

don't knock the company before you have used the products and base on what you read on the forums.

Cheers!
          Happy Castle Camper
          Agreed with you on the quality of Castle ESC.
          I have 3 of the ICE series and have no issue at all. Build and configuration documentation is pretty completed compared to most of the ESC you can buy out there.

Never had the chance to RMA yet but by far, when you look at the firmware releases, you know Castle is actively responding to feedback and fixing issues that was found.
          ------------------
          Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
          Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
          OS 91HZ
          RJX 90sz Muffler
          HC3-SX
          Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
          Align D650 Tail
          GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
          Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
          RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
          Align D610 Cyclic
          Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
          Raptor 50 SE
          Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

Probably i have to agree with u guys but afterall it depends on luck. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. Just a matter of where and when. Well, ive Hobbywing and CC and both just had few flights on it. Fingers crossed, so faf so good. Nonetheless, im ready to face the music if i dont get the after sales services from products thats made in Taiwan or China. Its just expected, dont you think?
            sigpic
            Futaba GY611
            HIROBO Quark SRB 2.4gHz
            HIROBO Sceadu Evolution EX50 (full carbon, SZ IV rotorhead, full electronics, original Hirobo mains and tails, FRP canopy+decals, original Hirobo electric power mechanics)

Comment

Hi Stickman, whilst yr experience with helis supercede that of mine, I had personal experience of a phoenix esc that combusted in mid-flight that led to my first adhoc lesson in auto-rotation. Yes, I agree by the maxim that as users of a product rises, the complaints inevitably does too. So my take on CC esc are not from what I read on forums but from experience.

Whilst my trex600esp became a nitro bird, CC did replace the damaged esc FOC (many thanks to Ken for arranging) although it did take a while to arrive and I had to risk using the fireball align esc but it worked great maybe due to luck of draw. The replacement from CC has been perfect since.

On hindsight, I agree that the components from china companies may appear less than reputable owing to the sheer lack of support and communication. This is a fact that I cannot refute cos I tried to contact HW for info on their products sometime in early 2010. Todate, no reply. Anyway, my whole fleet save for rex600 are equipped with HW platinium esc. So far so good.

Some flyers live by the quote : Buy cheap, buy twice. Well, to me, it's boils down purely to luck of the draw. I have read about ferraris self-combusting but never heard of a jazz, vios or even a QQ go up in flames. Or maybe I am not well-read enough.

Hope this clarifies matters as I am not a sh*t-stirrer or a hater of any brands. Just once bitten, twice shy.
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....hlight=phoenix

For anyone who is interested to learn auto-rotation on an adhoc basis.
                Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Hi feudallordcult, which HW esc ur using for the 600? Did you use the programmer for it? And the CC that combusted, was it an 85HV?
                  sigpic
                  Futaba GY611
                  HIROBO Quark SRB 2.4gHz

Comment

Originally posted by nytflyer View Post
                    Hi feudallordcult, which HW esc ur using for the 600? Did you use the programmer for it? And the CC that combusted, was it an 85HV?
                    Yes, the rex is with the replacement 100a esc. I did use the programming card for the CC esc but only once. Not sure where I stored it though. The esc that bit the dust was ice 100a.

I am currently using the HW platinium 80A for both my 500esp & FG. I torture the 500 birds quite a fair bit. My 6hv is with the stock 70A HV esc. My rex works very nicely with the CC Ice 100a now. The 250se is on the stock align esc. My IU for my fleet is at 90% flat thr, 6min flight, no hard 3d, only flips & rolls. Comes down warm to the touch for every esc. Use to measure temp with a infra-thermo but now collecting dust.
                    Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Sounds great that theyre finally working out for u. . .
                      sigpic
                      Futaba GY611
                      HIROBO Quark SRB 2.4gHz

Comment

HI!

i also have many ESC brands fail on me. Both Expensive Castle and CHeap Chinese ESCs. latest being the HV70A platinum from HW. u can check up on my ESC fire thread. For teh record, my CC85HV has probrably well over 300 flights by my last count before failure... my HW had 11 flights. its all luck of the draw.

So the key point to using castle is that i can get a repaired ESC free if under warranty and if not i pay a small fee and get a new ESC.

that is the super plus point about using CC esc over China brands. Also, its commonly accepted that CC ESCs are under-specced and are able to handle higher burst than stated. Not so with Chinese where i think alot of over-speccing happens on the data sheet. this with my experience of flying HV setups.

So it makes sense to go for CC esc with their robust warranty system. it is not that much more expensive than Chinese brand names and yet much cheaper than the higher classed Kontronik.

i have heard of people having warranty issues with Kontronik locally also. which i think is ridiculous considering the amount which u pay for the ESC.

So bottom line is All ESCs will fail at some point. its what happens after the failure that will decide for me what to buy.

ALSO very important note.. Castle ESCs uses CHINESE PARTS! but its assembled in USA still. i am inclined to think that this is the roulette factor of CC escs. if it fails its always during the initial flights due to failure of electronic parts. not design or manufacturing.

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Anyway, back to the discussion of the new Trex600E
                          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Working...
                          X