Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Mcp X help !

Hi fellow flyers,

Recently bought this awesome bird! It has been fun to fly so far, haven't tried flipping it yet. I recently crashed and all i had to do is to pop back the linkages and push the main gear back to place.

DAMN This is a very sensitive micro heli, it responds to the slightest touch of my stick movements!

So far liking this machine

To all the fellow mcp x flyers here when u first got this flying machine, my question is, is it neccesary to reduce negative pitch by adjusting the servo links?

i seem to have an issue here with my tail, it seems to be vibrating a bit during flight and im afraid it might affect my flying. Any idea how to solve this issue?

What mods can i do on this heli, for better performance and more flight time?
    (i saw in forums that the tail bails out easily when 3d)
    might want to attempt my first flip for this heli, need some tips though!

Thanks in advance!

May i also know your throttle and pitch settings?
    Mine is was initially align with the blade mcp x manual,
    Here's my current settings:
    i am using a dx6i btw

Thro cur: 0-40-60-80-100
    Stunt: 100-100-100-100-100

Pitch:30-45-70-85-100
    Stunt:0-25-50-75-100

Comment

Try making use of expo in your radio to soften the sensitivity of sticks, start off with something like +40% expo for aileron and elevator controls.

Vibration on tail can be due to multiple factors, including head balancing, etc.

Mine is wobbly after a lot of crashes, but it's still flyale
      [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
      [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Loving this heli. I never imagine i could hover inverted wif this heli. Super durable heli...crashed, pick up n fly again.
        In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

just gotten my mcpx today.... and she piros!!! on its own
          wonder is it bad luck or what, 2 battery 6 attempts and it didnt even managed to lift off the ground. Any advice to help me?
          ------------------
          Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
          Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
          OS 91HZ
          RJX 90sz Muffler
          HC3-SX
          Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
          Align D650 Tail
          GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
          Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
          RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
          Align D610 Cyclic
          Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
          Raptor 50 SE
          Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

Originally posted by misato View Post
            just gotten my mcpx today.... and she piros!!! on its own
            wonder is it bad luck or what, 2 battery 6 attempts and it didnt even managed to lift off the ground. Any advice to help me?
            How does it react?
            [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
            [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

After doing a bit of forum reading and DIY testing, manged to get it to lift off the ground. This came only after the 5th time i redo the tx/rx binding.

In flight, the heli feels "nervous" and react quickly to cyclic movement. It is however an expected behavior for the heli that light and small. Need more flight time then will i have a better feel of the heli characteristic.

The only thing i quickly came to regrets about is the poor feeling and lack of configuration of the bundled DX4 Transmitter, should have part with a little more money to get a DX6 for the ability to set the pitch and throttle curve.
              ------------------
              Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
              Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
              OS 91HZ
              RJX 90sz Muffler
              HC3-SX
              Align D650 Tail
              Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
              Align D610 Cyclic
              Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
              Raptor 50 SE
              Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

Tail mod

Hi,

I did a lengthening to the tail.. smoother piro and also more on it's plan..

before.. seems to funnel when piro-ing.. I think the CG is a bit head heavy.. Now with the mod.. CG better..

a very simple mod..

1. un-plug the pin.. pull out the boom from both end..(there's 2 flat spot on the boom that face down)
                2. de-solder the pin.. pull wire out of boom
                3. Cut 2mm hollow CF rod to length.. ( original is about 125mm.. I cut to 150mm)I choose this length is because the tail wire max length to the pin.. anything longer you will not be able to plug back in to the mother board..( maybe diff tail wire got diff length..)
                4. Use the original boom to file the flat spot on both end.. (optional)( I did the filing..I use 2 1mm alan wrench to sandwich the CF rod to file down..I didn't file all the way down.. just to help align the flat spot on both end.. but some say No need to do this..)
                5. slide wire into new boom.. solder back the pin..(remember not to solder the wrong polarity.. I take picture before I de-solder the wire..)
                6. slide everything back on.. plug in your pin..

go fly..

enjoying this little devil..
                Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                Avant Aurora (E1)
                Avant Aurora (E2)
                Mcp X
                GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
                JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
                will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

here's the pic after the mod..

Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                  Avant Aurora (E1)
                  Avant Aurora (E2)
                  Mcp X
                  GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

On spooling up, the heli seems to piro a lot, and not even a generous amount of rudder does not help much... ??? I'm using the supplied DX4 TX.

It's not like on the video in the provided CD which advises to just apply throttle and not mess around with other controls during takeoff - is this true? I've no experience with FBL characteristics...
                    ------------------------------
                    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Hi,
                      I'm having mine BNF.. So I'm not sure about the 4ch transmitter setting.
                      Did you check with ken..

Hope you sort this out.
                      Avant Aurora (E1)
                      Avant Aurora (E2)
                      Mcp X
                      GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

on the 2nd day... my mcpx refuse to take off!!!
                        This is so driving me nuts!
                        ------------------

FFF:
                        Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
                        OS 91HZ
                        RJX 90sz Muffler
                        HC3-SX
                        Align D650 Tail
                        Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
                        Align D610 Cyclic