Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli Setup help needed.... help me...

Dear DH bros i have just gotta a Raptor 50 sc 3D its brand new from a bro here. i living in Bedok Res. wondering any bro able to help me setup my heli as i am relatively new to this hobby.

I have manage to start the heli engine in the beginning but hence now that i add a Align 2 in 1 regulator and a 2c 5000mah lipo when i try to start the engine it doesn't seem to start.. in process i toasted the elevator servo and i believe i have not make any setting on my TX as it was given factory setting.

i have a bro which flies heli but he is not into nitro. any bro can help me setup my heli? as i believe i did't buy from rotor direct they won't setup for me..

GABz,

Hi,

I think you just try to make your way down to the Flying field this weekend with your bird. Im sure you will find a bro thats willing to help. I know a group always flying saturday morning at Tampines Ind Ave...
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
      Hi,

I think you just try to make your way down to the Flying field this weekend with your bird. Im sure you will find a bro thats willing to help. I know a group always flying saturday morning at Tampines Ind Ave...
      Hey thank you elomosan! Believe will do that next week!, appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by neubronner View Post
        Dear DH bros i have just gotta a Raptor 50 sc 3D its brand new from a bro here. i living in Bedok Res. wondering any bro able to help me setup my heli as i am relatively new to this hobby.

I have manage to start the heli engine in the beginning but hence now that i add a Align 2 in 1 regulator and a 2c 5000mah lipo when i try to start the engine it doesn't seem to start.. in process i toasted the elevator servo and i believe i have not make any setting on my TX as it was given factory setting.

i have a bro which flies heli but he is not into nitro. any bro can help me setup my heli? as i believe i did't buy from rotor direct they won't setup for me..

GABz,
        check to see if the glow plug is working fine. if not, u wont be able to start it up.

Comment

Originally posted by vintcs View Post
          check to see if the glow plug is working fine. if not, u wont be able to start it up.
          Have change an os#8 but can't seem to start. Fuel using 15%. how much to turn out for the fuel needle? Vintcs thanks.

Comment

If you are new with this hobby, better be safe, get someone experience to do a check before any attempt to start it. There are lots of possibilty causing the heli to be unable to start, including having the throttle set up in the reverse, improper setup to clutch, fuel piping, etc etc

Be safe, you won't want the heli to come alive, spin at full throttle and take off accidentally. It will result in damage and serious injury.
            huh

Comment

Have change an os#8 but can't seem to start. Fuel using 15%. how much to turn out for the fuel needle? Vintcs thanks.
              i saw u change to align regulator. Is it come with the glow function? maybe the wire to the glow not working.

Comment

Engine kill when down throttle...

Originally posted by vintcs View Post
                i saw u change to align regulator. Is it come with the glow function? maybe the wire to the glow not working.
                Hi guys I manage to start my engine. But when I throttle till mid and just as I bring down the throttle my engines dies.. What could be the issue? I very new in nitro engine for heli... Pls advise thank you?

Comment

Hi guys I manage to start my engine. But when I throttle till mid and just as I bring down the throttle my engines dies.. What could be the issue? I very new in nitro engine for heli... Pls advise thank you?
                  It depends on what did you observed.
                  When you bring it up from idle to mid throttle

1. Did you start your engine with throttle hold or at idle stick position?
                  - If yes, idle position might be too low, try increase its throttle position a little more.

2. Is the engine feeling (sound) eagerly to throttle up? or does it sounds like its unwilling to throttle up and can be observed by a lack of power.

- If it sounds too eager to throttle up, it can be your running too lean. From idle stick position to mid position stick position, is the acceleration smooth? did the engine choke when throttle up from idle to mid stick and back down to idle? If yes, this usually means your mid or idle is too rich or too lean on either position. Mainly the choke will happen when you move from too rich to too lean. Lesser the other way round.

Hope it helps.. I am sure the more season nitro flyers can give you more tips.
                  ------------------
                  Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
                  Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
                  OS 91HZ
                  RJX 90sz Muffler
                  HC3-SX
                  Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
                  Align D650 Tail
                  GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
                  Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
                  RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
                  Align D610 Cyclic