Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heli tail spin to right when reaching lift off .

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli tail spin to right when reaching lift off .

Hi guys need your help , after my last crash . I wonder if its due to my calibration or setup ( but i didn't even touch the gyro setup at all when repairing or setting up after the crash ) . My heli tail will spin very fast to the right after i up the throttle until when the heli is going to lift up . It used to be at lower speed then it will spin but i tried to re-adjust the tail setup til it now will spin when nearing lift off point . Sometime it will spin once i input some amt of right rudder . The more throttle i put , the tail will spin to the right faster . And i have to input more sometime almost to the extreme left rudder then it will stop spinning . And i'm still very noob in gyro setup . Hopefully it is not my gyro problem .

There's a tiny switch in your gyro (Rev/Nor) try to switch the other way. Hope this will help. Good Luck.

Comment

Did you do any repair on the tail? if yes, post a picture of your tail.
      Wat gyro and heli is this?

Comment

My heli is Flasher 450 Sport , Gyro is Phoenixtech GT500 , i did not do any repair on the tail other then re-adjusting the rudder , while trying to solve the tail spinning issue . My gyro is installed upside down on my heli which means my gyro is facing down instead of up due to space constraint . Its also in rev mode .

Comment

try normal mode on your gyro switch, if still spinning check your tail blades if it's installed correctly or reversed, and try to reverse the rudder servo direction on your transmitter. Good luck bro.

Comment

Bro, try chking yr tail drive gear it mite b loose. It's d small gear which is driven by d main gear. U hold yr rotor head n try turning yr tail blades. It shudnt move or jus hv a wee bit of slop.
            Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

i have same issue with 450sport when i first started and also it happen after a crash....if its true you have not changed any setup on your gyro and also your gyro is not damaged, spin your blades counter clockwise and if the tail blades are spinning, your tail drive gear has come loose...i donno if i can describe it clearly...but here goes...its the small gear where your auto-rotation gear meets...check that and if it can spin both ways, you have to change it..i try to C.A it before but it will come loose again...hope this helps
              Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by wantime View Post
                Bro, try chking yr tail drive gear it mite b loose. It's d small gear which is driven by d main gear. U hold yr rotor head n try turning yr tail blades. It shudnt move or jus hv a wee bit of slop.
                +1 on that Wan...80% i think it is...sorry to type the same problem again...
                Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Originally posted by mahathyr View Post
                  +1 on that Wan...80% i think it is...sorry to type the same problem again...
                  haha... +1 to mahathyr... its d drive gear drive by d auto-rotation gear. my mistake. Actually its d small gear tt drives yr belt, chk tt too.... cheers
                  Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions guys . Will do that when i'm free . Hope that does solve my problem .

Comment

Thanks alot guys , i just tested my heli tail and it really was pretty loose . Was stuck with this problem for 3 weeks , i finally know why .

Comment

Anyone got any nice suggestions to lock the tail boom to the tail boom holder to prevent it from sliding in and loosening the belt ? I tried to put anti slip rubber mat pieces but its too thick to put in without having to remove the body frame of the heli . I put thick doubleside tape but it doesn't help much . I even applied abit of C A glue but it still doesn't help . Seems the tail boom holder was pretty crappy no matter how much you tighten , it will still loosen over a months time .

Comment

hope this helps...if you're using a mini servo, here's what i did on mine...placing the tail servo mount near that part...somehow it help...but also before i did the upgrade on the tail servo, i was using the micro servo and i just tighten it and had no issues of it slipping...cheers

Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Sounds like a good idea man , thanks alot dude . Its been months and i still haven master my hovering yet . Sims feel more difficult then real heli to me .

Comment

Originally posted by mahathyr View Post
                              hope this helps...if you're using a mini servo, here's what i did on mine...placing the tail servo mount near that part...somehow it help...but also before i did the upgrade on the tail servo, i was using the micro servo and i just tighten it and had no issues of it slipping...cheers

Nice canopy! where u get it from?

Comment

Working...
                              X