Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BeastX-Be absolute stable

After submitting my FYP report draft this afternoon, I thought I just had to reward myself. A few sms later...I had these sitting on my table.

IMG_1661 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1669 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1677 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

sigpic

Opened the box and WOW, IT IS TINY. I have not been keeping up with R/C due to change of interest, so pardon me.

IMG_1678 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1685 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1683 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

sigpic

Comment

It is really tiny, even smaller than the R617FS receiver sitting on my table.

IMG_1681 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1691 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

Packaging...

IMG_1697 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

sigpic

Comment

Grats~~

glad you joined the FBL club! you going FBL for ur Eraptor or 700N?

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

RJX 50 size FBL head. The finishing seems even better than the 8mm spindle flybar version. Gone are the really BIG spindle screws which have been replaced by button heads.

Plastic blade spacers are included. These are important.

I am amazed that they even included push rods and linkages.

IMG_1700 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

IMG_1704 by WhatScreenName??, on Flickr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
            Grats~~

glad you joined the FBL club! you going FBL for ur Eraptor or 700N?
            On e-raptor...to fix the vibration which has troubled me for months.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
              On e-raptor...to fix the vibration which has troubled me for months.
              haha nice. just got your PM reply.

ya i having vibrations on my 600 also. vibrations are hard to track down agreed. i think i know the cause of mine though. unbalanced blades! damn the cheapo HK blades. but its all i fly nowadays.

Let me know when you maiden. i go kaypoh. shd have a Segar funfly again at the school side. maybe Pang can arrange a time.

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

haha nice. just got your PM reply.

ya i having vibrations on my 600 also. vibrations are hard to track down agreed. i think i know the cause of mine though. unbalanced blades! damn the cheapo HK blades. but its all i fly nowadays.

Let me know when you maiden. i go kaypoh. shd have a Segar funfly again at the school side. maybe Pang can arrange a time.
                Maiden will be just at the soccer field beside my place. Hopefully the grass can reduce the impact damage

Where do you park your car when you fly at segar?

sigpic

Comment

park opposite the school HDB block there.

anw Pang and i just flew at the archery field.
                  they took down the fences so we can fly there.. for now.
                  but they going to BTO in a few weeks so its a matter of time they fence up again.

Comment

park opposite the school HDB block there.

anw Pang and i just flew at the archery field.
                    they took down the fences so we can fly there.. for now.
                    but they going to BTO in a few weeks so its a matter of time they fence up again.
                    How much expo do you use on the beastx? Dual rate? I read some sites say don't use expo...really can fly meh?

sigpic

Comment

And you are using sport, pro or transmitter mode?

sigpic

Comment

How much expo do you use on the beastx? Dual rate? I read some sites say don't use expo...really can fly meh?
                        i am on Sports mode, no expo, no dual rates.

maybe if u run Pro mode need expo? not sure since i was happy the first time i flew on sports mode and didnt feel like messing with it anymore.

but its also true that your airframe needs to be relatively vibrations free for good performance of the Gyro.

Comment

And you are using sport, pro or transmitter mode?
                          on the sports, pro or extreme modes, do not use expo as it will confuse the beastx...but if set to TX mode, im sure you will need to use expo cause it will be very twitchy...

i use pro presets and its good enough for me....i do increase epa on my rudder to have a faster pirouette speed....and some have increase epas on these parameters which have worked...for me i don do it on the epa's as i have set the maximum swash limit before binding during binding and it is good enough for me...i also mess with pot 1 and 2 dials

for maiden have all at factory settings (on my maiden i have my tail at purple very low)...get the tail gain settings right then toggle with parameter D for your best flying style (i have mine at medium on all my helis)...then work the head(cyclics) and most times when the pots are at 9 o'clock you will feel connected to your heli....hope this helps
                          Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

ignore the above reply...too many mistakes in my singlish

on the sports, pro or extreme modes, do not use expo as it will confuse the beastx...but if set to TX mode, im sure you will need to use expo cause it will be very twitchy...

i use pro presets and its good enough for me....i do increase epa on my rudder to have a faster pirouette speed....and some have increase epas on their cyclics which have worked...for me i don do it on the cyclics as i have set the maximum swash limit before binding during setup and it is good enough for me...i also mess with pot 1 and 2 dials

for maiden have all at factory settings (on my maiden i have my tail at purple very low)...get the tail gain settings right then toggle with parameter D for your best flying style (i have mine at medium on all my helis)...then work the head(cyclics) and most times when the pots are at 9 o'clock you will feel connected to your heli....hope this helps
                            Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

I just did a few test flights this morning...On sport mode, it really does fly exactly like a flybarred heli. In fact, the piro and cyclic feel are exactly how I have them when I had flybar. There was some inital wobbling around ele and ail, but reducing the cyclic gain solved that.

HOWEVER, I am having some vibration issue somewhere. I really suspect it is the dampers being too tight or how I assembled the head. My problem is:

E-raptor+RJX FBL head= tail bobbling up and down slightly+canopy and skid shaking slightly, esc wires are calm.

E-raptor+Flybarred raptor se head= Totally smooth, no vibration or any shake.

E-raptor+Flybarred RJX head= canopy and skid shaking quite a bit and esc wires shaking slightly.

Tried different shaft, different set of blades, but problem persist. Since it wasn't shaking with the flybarred raptor head, it means everything else below the swashplate should be fine, but not 100% sure.

I am suspecting that it is how I install the dampers, coz that is the only constant between the two rjx head. Anyone any idea?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X