Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to use 3s with 500-size heli?

Would like to find out if anyone has experienced powering 500-size heli with 3s lipo, motor and ESC ported over from 450-size?

Not flying 3D, just normal flying - and as far as possible, don't want to get new batt, electronics, etc. just to experience the 500.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Yes, u can.

u definitely can connect a pair of 3s to make it 6s. However, be advised that cycles of the lipos should be similiar i.e. dun pair a brand new & a very old lipo together. the make should also be the same. Dun series a thunder power with a turnigy.

as for CoG, you would have to shift the batt pack all the way to the nosetip to achieve a balance. As for flight times, dun expect all out 3d. assuming yr 3s are 2200mah, series of a pair will give u 6s2200mah, I would say a good 4 to 5 mins of sport-flying at 85% flat thr curve. This is from personal experience. I dun do it anymore cos finding the CoG is a bit*h so I went with turnigy 6s3000mah 30C. Perfect balance and 6mins of flips & rolls. I pushed for 7mins on a few occasions, esc & pack came down lukewarm.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

To be more accurate, the only thing u can re-use are the Lipos from the power system.

u can use a serial connector to connect 2 X 3S lipos to be 6S in series.

the ESC and Motor you need new ones which can power a 500 heli. there is no way a 450 size power system can power up a 500 heli. it might seem 10cm larger only on the blades but in actual fact it requires a much larger power system to be efficient.

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

alamak, how could i have completely overlooked the issue on motor and esc?

450 electronics with the exception of the gyro confirm cannot recycle or power up a 500 bird. Well, if budget is a constraint, try h*bbyk*ing for 500 clones & electronics. it's really cheap but then again, u get what u pay for.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Working...
        X