Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to land your EP heli/plane?

Hi to all EP pilots,

How long do you fly your EP heli/plane before knowing it's time to land?
    Do you use any indicators, visual or audio?

For me, I'll land when the motor rpm sound lower or the estimated time is up.
    Appciate any advice.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

When I feel there is no more juice, I'll juz hover my heli near to me instead of flying around. U can actually feel the lost of power.

Comment

power loss ...or you know when you have pushed it too far and the heli falls from the sky ...... and lands by itself ( read crashes )

Comment

After 4~5 minutes of scale flying, I will "call" my Trex back and hover it in front of me at 1~2 meter height. I stop it when 7~8 minutes flight time or tail start to wag.

For plane - GWS e-starter, I will land it when I feel no acceleration at motor or glitch due to ESC cut-off.
        Alan

Comment

My heli has never had a problem with landing, it is always the flying that is the problem. Always landed, sometimes safe but most of the time with broken parts....oh BTW, I never fly higher than 50 cm
          Futaba FF9CHP

T-Rex 450X V2 with Alu swashplate
          4xHS56, Hitec electron 6, PHX-25, Gy401, Mega 16/15/3 motor.

4xHS56, Schulze Alpha 840ww, PHX-35, GY401, Lehner 1020/17 motor.

Comment

is the landing skids of a t-rex really so weak to take the land???
            i've seem to hear of some cases of this.. is there any way to strengthen them?

Comment

Originally posted by ChRiS
              is the landing skids of a t-rex really so weak to take the land???
              i've seem to hear of some cases of this.. is there any way to strengthen them?
              I prefer to make LG soft by cooking it. Make sure the skid is not too tight with the LG plastic.

It is not difficult to land the heli. Just have to play with the throttle and aileron. Don't cut the throttle off imediately. Cut the throttle slowly and give some input to make it have air cushion effect.

I prefer to land my Trex tail-in.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alan_gbk
                I prefer to make LG soft by cooking it. Make sure the skid is not too tight with the LG plastic.

It is not difficult to land the heli. Just have to play with the throttle and aileron. Don't cut the throttle off imediately. Cut the throttle slowly and give some input to make it have air cushion effect.

I prefer to land my Trex tail-in.
                Could'nt have said it better.... once u get used to landing properly and nicely... u'll find it's damn fun finding that "air cushion" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fleek
                  My heli has never had a problem with landing, it is always the flying that is the problem. Always landed, sometimes safe but most of the time with broken parts....oh BTW, I never fly higher than 50 cm

With Lehner and Mega3 motor and fly less than 50cm?you just kidding hor?

Comment

Originally posted by koon
                    With Lehner and Mega3 motor and fly less than 50cm?you just kidding hor?
                    not kidding....i hovering nia...
                    Futaba FF9CHP

4xHS56, Hitec electron 6, PHX-25, Gy401, Mega 16/15/3 motor.

4xHS56, Schulze Alpha 840ww, PHX-35, GY401, Lehner 1020/17 motor.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply.

Humm goes by feeling .... need to get more aquented with the heli/plane. Spent more time flying, sai yang more. So to build better connection. -> more feelings.

So, is there a sure way to know, before the voltage is soo low that it hurts the Li-Po???
                      Maybe for plane, you can have a auto cut off. Then glide to land. But for heli, that a different story.

Originally posted by Tele
                      power loss ...or you know when you have pushed it too far and the heli falls from the sky ...... and lands by itself ( read crashes )
                      Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Vincopter, when are you going to let the cat out !

Comment

Working...
                        X