Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement of balancer plug

Could anyone recommend a place which can replace the baancer plug on a lipo. I broke the plug on my 6s batt. I'm still using it and its not puffy. However, can't balance the pack anymore.

Thanks
    Ken

U can try Jethobby, they sell many type of connectors.
    Heli
    1 - Flip360 quad with APM 2.6.

Plane
    1 - Durafly P-51 Mustang - Nice scale details and stable in the air
    Tx
    Frsky Taranis X9D

Comment

Go to Sim Lim Tower level 3. Cant remember the name of the shop. Sell lots of LED one.

Ard 20-50cents a pc. That time I bought 8S jst type balancer tab, 50cents a pc.

Comment

Thanks Adrian.

Do you know where I could get instructions on how to to do the replacement ie which cable from the cell to which socket on the balancer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kenghock View Post
          Thanks Adrian.

Do you know where I could get instructions on how to to do the replacement ie which cable from the cell to which socket on the balancer?

Thanks
          Hur??? Why u need to desolder. Just buy the balancer tab(30-50 cents only) with no pins or wire. Remove the pin from ur existing balancer tab and put the pin into the new balancer tab.

If you wana see, just cut open ur existing pack and u can see the wires soldered to a board.

Comment

Oh ok, so that's how you do it. I thought had to cut off and redo everything.

Comment

Originally posted by kenghock View Post
              Oh ok, so that's how you do it. I thought had to cut off and redo everything.
              You must be VERY CAREFUL when doing the solderling. NEVER NEVER short any 2 points or wires. Or else you will see sparks and fire.

If you are not sure how to do it, try asking help from experience friends...

Comment

I just visited the electronics shop on friday again at SLT. The shop name is E-Top Electronics, located at level 3. They have those align/HK/HC balancer type connectors. From 1S till 12S or 14S.

You wonder how cheap??? I bought a double female servo wire and two male balancer connectors. All these for S$3.50 only. I wana tap 2S power from my 4S lipo, shhh secret project.

Those with FBL electronics will appreciate double female servo wire!!! They are really cheap here in SLT compare to LHS.

BTW, this shop was recommended to me by SH many yrs ago. I am now already their regular customer for LED, balancer tap and JST connectors.

Comment

For servo wire connectors, I always bought from Sim Lim Tower. The wire, I use those colored ribbon cable instead. I also have the crimper for the servo connector. It is much much cheaper that if u bought from LHS. Furthermore, I can create different length of servo extension cable.

SH

Comment

Does this place sell the Crimping Gun/Tool?

Comment

Crimping tool... I don't think that shop have. But maybe they have.. Not sure.

I do know crimping tool, a lot of shop have. On the same floor, shop by the name of "Bell" something have. Basement shop, also have.

SH

Comment

Working...
                      X