Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cyclic servos for FBL system?

Hi guys, like to check what's the recommended cyclic servos to use on a 450 heli with FBL system?
    Heli
    1 - Flip360 quad with APM 2.6.

Plane
    1 - Durafly P-51 Mustang - Nice scale details and stable in the air
    Tx
    Frsky Taranis X9D

Originally posted by lancer161 View Post
    Hi guys, like to check what's the recommended cyclic servos to use on a 450 heli with FBL system?
    Digital servos from reputable brand such as hitec, jr or futaba will fit the requirements of fbl systems. Eg. Hitec 5065mg, I've been using it previously or my rave 450 with good success

Comment

Hitec 5065.. I'm using it in my multibladed heli also. Good for my preference.

If you have the Hitec HPP-21, u can use it to program the HS-5065 to have the same zeroing instead of using your TX's subtrim. Normally u use Channel reverse to reverse a servo movement...but using HPP-21 with HS-5065, u can actually program it to move in reverse direction also.

SH

Comment

How about Hitec HS82MG? From the spec seems better than 5065MG. Anyone tried with FBL system?
        Heli

Plane
        Tx
        Frsky Taranis X9D

Comment

Basically you want a set of better spec or branded servos. Cause on FBL heli, more stress and load are acting on the servos as it is more direct, that's why you need better servos to hold them up. Compare it to a flybar heli, stress is lost thru flybar(and everything that are not on a fbl head). Therefore, the end resultant forces acting on your servos are less, and that's why you can get away with a lower spec servo.

Having said that, I have been using Savox on my FBL Fury, so far so good. Yet to try high end servos though, so cannot comment on any differences. But theoretically, that's the case.
          KDS Innova 700

Comment

How about Hitec HS82MG? From the spec seems better than 5065MG. Anyone tried with FBL system?
            HS-82 is too big to fit into the servo mount. If your heli somehow can use HS-82 size, them mind as well use Hitec HS-A5076HB instead. It is digital and high torque also.

SH

Comment

Oops, didn't notice HS82 is big servo.

Is HS65MG same as HS5065MG? What are the difference between the two beside the price?
              Heli

Plane
              Tx
              Frsky Taranis X9D

Comment

Oops, didn't notice HS82 is big servo.

Is HS65MG same as HS5065MG? What are the difference between the two beside the price?
                In terms of size, they are the same. The HS5065 is a upgrade version of HS65 whereby it is digital type. Because it it is digital, it can be program as well.

The "MG" word meaning the gearing is using metal gear.

Analog Digital
                ------ => ---------
                HS-56 HS-5056
                HS-65 HS-5065

SH

Comment

This servo looks really cool. The new MKS DS95.

It is not available yet, but probably not going to cost some $$$$.

MKS also introducing DS-95i for tail.

Some serious poison

Comment

MKS ds460 digital metal gear

I am using this on my Mini Titan V2....
                    These servos is fully tested by me on SK720, Mini-VBAR and BeastX all on the same heli working very well. And crash proof also.
                    Jonathan

Comment

BTW, watz ur budget??? I see many recommend servos on the $$$$$$ range.

I am a poor man, I am using corona DS929mg. Its a cheap and good servo.

From ebay : http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=corona+ds-929mg

From Jethobby : http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...82&idx=1&gid=5

My discussion thread : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50682

Comment

Adrian,

Yes man these are half the price of the DS460 servos....Very Good.
                        I did have a good deal of the from a great bro of the MiniT V2 kit that comes with the servos at a great price...so the key is watch out for market price , usually someone will sell something at a very good price. oh who hr

Jonathan

regards,
                        Jonathan

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post

I prefer cheap and good, me also poor man. Corona DS929mg specs looks good. How long have u been using the corona servo? Any cons? I also found another cheap servo, KDS N290, anyone tried before?

Anyone still have other servo to recommend? Whether cheap or $$$ also can recommend, keep coming. It'll be good for anyone like me who are upgrading servos for FBL system to compare and consider.
                          Heli

Plane
                          Tx
                          Frsky Taranis X9D

Comment

I prefer cheap and good, me also poor man. Corona DS929mg specs looks good. How long have u been using the corona servo? Any cons? I also found another cheap servo, KDS N290, anyone tried before?

Anyone still have other servo to recommend? Whether cheap or $$$ also can recommend, keep coming. It'll be good for anyone like me who are upgrading servos for FBL system to compare and consider.
                            I have been using the Corona DS929mg on my Flasher 450 Pro since Jan tis yr. No problem at all.

No cons at all for me. I am only a sports flyer, no 3D so this servo serve me very well. It is digital, metal gear and a price that is hard to say no.

Comment

Was searching the net and found this technical specs for Corona DS-929MG and Hitec HS-5065MG. Whether accurate or not, I not sure:

Corona DS-929MG
                              ----------------
                              Operating voltage range 4.8V~6.0V
                              Operating temperature range -20℃ to +60℃
                              Operating speed 0.12sec/60°
                              Stall torque 2.5kg.cm
                              Standing torque 1.5kg.cm hold out @ 5°
                              Running current 200mA/60° no load
                              FDead band width ≤3mS
                              Operating travel 40°/one side pulse traveling 400S
                              Motor type cored metal brush
                              Potentiometer type 2 slider/direct drive
                              Dimensions 22.5x11.5x24.6mm(0.89x0.45x0.97)"
                              Weight 12.5g
                              Ball bearing MR85
                              Gear material metal
                              Connector wire length 215mm(8.46in)
                              Connector wire stand counter 24
                              Connector wire gauge 28AWG

Hitec HS-5065MG
                              -------------------
                              Control System: +Pulse Width Control 1500usec Neutral
                              Required Pulse: 4.8-6.0 Volt Peak to Peak Square Wave
                              Operating Voltage Range: 4.8-6.0 Volts
                              Operating Temperature Range: -20° to +60° C (-4°F to +140°F)
                              Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.14 sec/60° at no load
                              Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.11 sec/60° at no load
                              Stall Torque (4.8V): 24.99oz/in. (1.8kg.cm)
                              Stall Torque (6.0V): 30.55oz/in. (2.2kg.cm)
                              Operating Angle: 45 Deg. one side pulse traveling 400usec
                              360 Modifiable: No
                              Direction: Clockwise/Pulse Traveling 1500 to 1900usec
                              Idle Current Drain (4.8V): 3mA at stop
                              Idle Current Drain (6.0V): 3mA at stop
                              Current Drain (4.8V): 200mA/idle and 2.0 amps at lock/stall
                              Current Drain (6.0V): 240mA/idle and 3.0 amps at lock/stall
                              Dead Band Width: 2usec
                              Motor Type: Carbon Brush
                              Potentiometer Drive: 6 Slider Indirect Drive
                              Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing MR106
                              Gear Type: Metal Gears
                              Connector Wire Length: 7" (178mm)
                              Dimensions: See Schematics
                              Weight: .42oz (11.9g)

Comment

Working...
                              X