Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting middle of mechanical pitch range

Hi Eveyone
    Does anyone have a technique to keep mechanical +/- pitch the same. I'm now using the Tx to limit it to 8 degrees either side. Currently the + is less than -but total range still 22 degrees.

Was thinking to buy a caliper and measure how far the swashplate moves, then divide by two, then measure servo arm ball to swashball ball and and make sure links put the swash at correct level.

However, what do I use as the middle point.
    1) top of the swash
    2) center of the outer swash plate ball links
    3) inner ball link attachments (to flybar) in the middle of the swash (sorry don't know what this i called)

Or is there a better method.

Thanks
    Ken

U can limit the swash travel up and down using ur pitch curve. 1st set the max travel and then use the curve to limit the extreme ends of the curve.

Comment

Hi kenghock,

If you have set up your collective pitch such that it is 0 degrees at mid-stick, then in theory, the mechanical -/+ pitch range should be the same (e.g. -12 degrees at low stick, 0 at mid, and +12 degrees at high stick).

All this setup should be done with a linear pitch curve. Only after this would you start to change the pitch curve parameters to get the -/+ limits that you want, e.g. for Normal (hover) mode, 40-45-50-75-100, and so on.

Normally I'd look at the end result - i.e. is the degree of movement set up to what I want. I don't really fuss about the fact that the extreme mechanical limit of movement is slightly imbalanced, e.g. -10 deg to +12 deg, etc. But maybe the experts at setting up will sometimes insist on a perfect balance for that 100% perfection ??
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

I maxed at +8 mechanically but still had heaps at the bottom, hence wanted to ask before redoing the head.

I don't actually need the range as a still learning to hover but building it right is a lot of the fun for me!

Comment

IMHO, having a pitch max out at +8 is not very good, in case u need to bail out, +8 might not do it.

I would follow the manual and set the mechanical linkage rod at linear 0% - 100% pitch curve. Then from there I reduce the curve to my preferred pitch range.

For my scale helis, its -5, 0, +10.

For my sports helis, its -10, 0, +12.

For my scale heli, my 5 point pitch curve is -5, -3, 0, +6, +10. It gives me very good control when taking off or landing. Very scale like. +10 also gives me lots of punch when pushing the scale heli to do sports flying. If u see me fly my scale, u can see how far I push its limits. Just managed to do 540 stall turn on my 500size airwolf scale heli last weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X