Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Titan E325 vibrations

Guys, I have just rebuilt my mini Titan after a crash and now the heli vibrates violently on spoolup before taking off. Seems that the vibration is "left to right" but it flies fine. Been trying to troubleshoot but can't seem to put my finger on it. Any ideas what I should check?

Many thanks

are you using the plastic main hub?
    the hole that the main shaft goes into on the plastic hub will become oval after crash causing the heli to vibrate.

Comment

Originally posted by speeder View Post
      are you using the plastic main hub?
      the hole that the main shaft goes into on the plastic hub will become oval after crash causing the heli to vibrate.
      +1. also check main & spindle shaft. whilst the material grade of the shafts are pretty strong but upon a crash, it may "upz teh lorry". if yr titan is the plastic edition, check all arms & linkages again. sometimes eyeballing alone may not be sufficient to spot defective parts. check the bearings too. What i'd normally do after a crash would be to dis-assemble the bird & build it up again. troublesome but worth it.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

E325 Vibrations

Speeder, yes I am using a plastic one. Never thought of that, will have to check it. Thanks.

Comment

I tested the main shaft and it "rolls" ok ... will check again. Looks like its going to be a full rebuild if the simple main & spindle shaft is not sorted.

Thanks guys

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          +1. also check main & spindle shaft. whilst the material grade of the shafts are pretty strong but upon a crash, it may "upz teh lorry". if yr titan is the plastic edition, check all arms & linkages again. sometimes eyeballing alone may not be sufficient to spot defective parts. check the bearings too. What i'd normally do after a crash would be to dis-assemble the bird & build it up again. troublesome but worth it.

Comment

u may wish to look at the one way bearing but I dun usually bother to check unless I hv crashed it over 5X
            Heli-ADDICTION:
            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Violent wobbling / vibrations on spool up aka what i called as chicken dance can be caused by a lot of factors. Usually in a crash, the main shaft and the feather shaft are one of those things that usually breaks(bents/warp) from the impact.

The more accurate DIY checking of these 2 shaft is to roll them on a flat glass surface and listen to the sound produced, it helps if you have a new shaft to compare against. If it does not sound consistent, its likely bent/warped. Personally experience is a warped feather shaft is more likely to cause low speed vibration, a good example is spooling up of the heli.

Another easily overlooked part is the uneven tension of the main rotor blades on the grips. When one blade is tighter then other, on spool up, it will create strong vibration/wobbling due to uneven movement of the main rotor blade along the axis of the main rotor.

The flybar itself when unbalance will also results in this sort of behavior.

Link rod on the rotor head can also be damaged during a crash. It is best to check that your blade pitch are aligned correctly. If there is too big a difference, it will affect tracking as well as vibrations as one blade will have lesser resistance that the other.
              ------------------
              Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
              Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
              OS 91HZ
              RJX 90sz Muffler
              HC3-SX
              Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
              Align D650 Tail
              GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
              Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
              RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
              Align D610 Cyclic