Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 Size: 5 Blades Rotor Head

Hi Bro, Got these on-line...does anyone know
    1) is there a sequence to fix the 5 linkages to the swashplate?

2) what's that smaller pce of link provided for? see picture 3

I m new to multi rotor head
    3) if just plug into any 450 size heli will it hv problem just for hovering if without flybarless system.? thks.

Ans=> Not really a sequence. If u know how to fix 3/4 blades, it is the same.
    Whether u prefer straight line linkage (thus less than 90Degree phase) or slanted linkage (90Degree phasing), it is up to u. If u choose straight line linkage, u need to modify the way u connect your channel or use phase offset.

=> That is swash plate follower. It is to lock the inner swash plate to the main shaft. It prevent the inner swash from turning.

3) if just plug into any 450 size heli will it hv problem just for hovering if without flybarless system.? thks
    => Hovering wise, you should be able to do that without flybarless system. But just like usual, Not a must to have but prefer to have.

SH

Comment

any chance that simple 3d manuveurs (inverted flight) may be attempted on such a setup?
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
        any chance that simple 3d manuveurs (inverted flight) may be attempted on such a setup?
        Still the same. But if u want to do 3D on it, recommend to use electronics stabilization.

For 3D, I also recommend NOT to use 5 blade type. Use either 3 or 4 blades instead. Why? Because or normal heli has a tail spinning ratio of around 4.2x (some even around 4x). Because of that, if u use 5 blades with 2 blades tail, the tail will suffers from authority problem. Thus, u need to either (or combinations of):
        1. Spin higher RPM and thus, higher tail RPM.
        2. Use bigger tail blades (wider or longer or bot)
        3. Use more tail blades.
        4. Change tail gearing ration in order to increase tail RPM.

Furthermore, 5 blades will have might higher loading on the cyclic servos and thus, the server might not able to handle the 3D stunts.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
          Ans=> Not really a sequence. If u know how to fix 3/4 blades, it is the same.
          Whether u prefer straight line linkage (thus less than 90Degree phase) or slanted linkage (90Degree phasing), it is up to u. If u choose straight line linkage, u need to modify the way u connect your channel or use phase offset.

=> That is swash plate follower. It is to lock the inner swash plate to the main shaft. It prevent the inner swash from turning.

3) if just plug into any 450 size heli will it hv problem just for hovering if without flybarless system.? thks
          => Hovering wise, you should be able to do that without flybarless system. But just like usual, Not a must to have but prefer to have.

SH
          Hi SH
          Thanks very much for your explanation,
          got it assembled in this way ....aft seeing the youtube video

here the linkss

HobbyKing 450 5-Blade Rotor Head (PREORDER)http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=126125 Blade rotor head for V2 or newer HK Heli...

S-61 Sea King Helicopter Rotor Head Animation;Made by Karel Kinable "Fozzy" 40 Sqn Koksijde Airbase Belgian Air Force;4 different camera views; Airframe;Educ...

Comment

I prefer straight linkage also. But remember that, when u set to straight linkage, u notice that the angle between the center of the blade grip to the linkage ball of the swash plate it connected to is less than 90Degree. Can do you double confirm that? (some maybe 90Degree..depend on the distance of the linkage). If it is less than 90Degre, than mean u either need to use phase offset or change the way the cyclic servos is connected to the RX

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
              I prefer straight linkage also. But remember that, when u set to straight linkage, u notice that the angle between the center of the blade grip to the linkage ball of the swash plate it connected to is less than 90Degree. Can do you double confirm that? (some maybe 90Degree..depend on the distance of the linkage). If it is less than 90Degre, than mean u either need to use phase offset or change the way the cyclic servos is connected to the RX

SH
              Hi SH,
              Thanks Bro,but I dun quite understanding whether is more than 90 or less, anyway the photo show all the links connected in reverse.I 've it re-assembled so that when swash plate move up the pitch goes positive and vice-versa. cheers.

Comment

It doesn't really matter whether is it a trailing edge or leading edge controlling. It is the same (on those rigid head rotor). If u compare to real heli, u notice some adopt leading edge while some uses trailing edge.

But if the heli u trying to create is leading edge, then u use leading edge...in order for scale reason

SH

Comment

Working...
                X