Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will like to know if anyone have got recommendations on heli tools.

1) Blade Balancer. Multi function? Cos will fly planes in future. Which Brand/model? Some can balance the whole head?

2) Pitch Gauge. Got so many brands, align one like most ex. Got special feature ah? More accurate?

3) Swash leveling tool. Like pretty straight forward.

4) Ball Link remover. Got cheap pincer type and proper plier type?

5) Ball Link resizer. Align no need? or nice to have ensure silky smooth linkage? Cant accept binding.

6) Aluminium case. Align on e most ex again, Singahobby had one too.? No car, so this will be my carry-all with tx. Must have.

7) Lubricants. Dry carbon? Use 2B pencil on the tail shaft? Belt lube? Silicone right?

Want to build the heli first time right.
    Hope you dont think i'm .
    FUTABA 8FG, ALIGN TRex 450 Sport Super Combo
    Walkera Devo 10, V120D02S v2
    35mm F-16 EDF
    Custom Edge 540 Foamy

Comment

To do some comparison for you...but some may have different way.

When I assemble my heli, things that I use:
      Allen keys. I use those "L" shape one that either come with Align heli or I use the one that I bough from Homefix.

Loctite. I use loctite that come with Align heli or sometime I use loctite that I bought from homefix.

Phillips and flat screw drivers... Any type. I just use whatever I previously bought from Homefix.

Long nose plyer and tweezer. (got from homefix and sim lim tower).

Cloth (use it to screw the plastic linkage to the linkage).

No ball link resize because Align linkages are very good. I do not the ball link resizer. So far I find align linkage do not require any resize.

Lubricant... I use Singer oil and Silicone spray (homefix)

Measurement... just a cheapo plastic analog Vernier from Homefix.

Pitch measurement... previous use Align type. Then when go flybarless and multibladed, it got no flybar to reference to so do not use it anymore. From that day onward, I just use eyes to judge and measure. Oh... good to have small label stick (popular bookstore) with different color in order to assist in blade tracking.

Blade balancing...just a nut and a bolt to tie the 2 blades together and put it between 2 cans of spray for balancing.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
        To do some comparison for you...but some may have different way.

When I assemble my heli, things that I use:
        Allen keys. I use those "L" shape one that either come with Align heli or I use the one that I bough from Homefix.

Loctite. I use loctite that come with Align heli or sometime I use loctite that I bought from homefix.

Phillips and flat screw drivers... Any type. I just use whatever I previously bought from Homefix.

Long nose plyer and tweezer. (got from homefix and sim lim tower).

Cloth (use it to screw the plastic linkage to the linkage).

No ball link resize because Align linkages are very good. I do not the ball link resizer. So far I find align linkage do not require any resize.

Lubricant... I use Singer oil and Silicone spray (homefix)

Measurement... just a cheapo plastic analog Vernier from Homefix.

Pitch measurement... previous use Align type. Then when go flybarless and multibladed, it got no flybar to reference to so do not use it anymore. From that day onward, I just use eyes to judge and measure. Oh... good to have small label stick (popular bookstore) with different color in order to assist in blade tracking.

Blade balancing...just a nut and a bolt to tie the 2 blades together and put it between 2 cans of spray for balancing.

SH
        I think I understand what you mean.
        Thanks!
        FUTABA 8FG, ALIGN TRex 450 Sport Super Combo
        Walkera Devo 10, V120D02S v2
        35mm F-16 EDF
        Custom Edge 540 Foamy

Comment

Working...
        X