• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different pitch reading, but tracking perfect

Hi, on my idle up mode, my tracking read

blade 1: -12, 0, 10
    blade 2: -14, -1, 10

but my blade tracking is perfect, will tis affect my flying?

If your EPA (end pt swash levelling) is set correctly, max pitch up and down, heli climbs and sink vertically without undue variations, it wont hurt you much.

Even with perfect tracking and the swash is not levelled at max +ve and -ve pitch, it'll give you problem.

Unless you are using FBL, then end pt levelling is said to be inconsequential.

Comment

im not using any EPA, all is 100%

with that kind of pitch (i just CANT GET PERFECT -10, 0, 10) FOR both blades...

is it affect the flying greatly?

Comment

Middle of blade 2 is -1, that means you still can tweak the linkages.

Comment

Originally posted by sLapshock View Post
          Hi, on my idle up mode, my tracking read

blade 1: -12, 0, 10
          blade 2: -14, -1, 10

but my blade tracking is perfect, will tis affect my flying?
          Hi bro,

I would suggest you re-set all your EPA, SWASH MIX and any electromechanical setting to default.. and start from scratch again..

presuming you have all your servo 90 degree.. and you have same servo horn and same servo horn Hole..

If both blade doesn't travel the same.. It only means a few things..

1. diff servo horn hole.. travel on your servo will be diff even if you never adjust EPA,,
          2. swash not level.. mechanical set up is not accurate..

from what you mention, one blade travel more than the other sound more like control rod is not balance..

I'm also presuming that you don't have any bend main shaft and feathering shaft..

go thru all that i mention... you should be able to find your culprit..

cheers..

isn't this hobby fun and frustrating..
          Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
          Avant Aurora (E1)
          Avant Aurora (E2)
          Mcp X
          GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
          JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
          will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

i checked, actually everything was good, i can fly it without any problem..but im kinda felt uneasy knowing the pitch are like tht.

if i adjust the linkage to fix the pitch reading, my tracking would be off right?

Comment

Originally posted by sLapshock View Post
              i checked, actually everything was good, i can fly it without any problem..but im kinda felt uneasy knowing the pitch are like tht.

if i adjust the linkage to fix the pitch reading, my tracking would be off right?
              your tracking would not be off if you do everything right..

the reason for you to post is.. you already find that something is not right.. right..

definitely something is not right when you have both blade with different pitch.. right...

so my advice is don't just change the length of one side of the blade..

start from your servo up.. that way.. you'll find the real culprit..

quest
              Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
              Avant Aurora (E1)
              Avant Aurora (E2)
              Mcp X
              GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

is it possible for you to tell me which part should i check? because i find nothing wrong on my head setup, just that my pitch is different reading. even my tracking are perfect.

Comment

like i said..

you got to start from your servo up.. the 3 servo to swash rod.. level your swash at mid stick.. then work your way up.. working as a set.. all rods from swash up should be same length..

refer to your manual.. it should tell you all the length needed for each sets..
                  Avant Aurora (E1)
                  Avant Aurora (E2)
                  Mcp X
                  GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

i believe not your sevos and mechanical set up
                    its the blade you using....
                    the weight of your blade is different...
                    or
                    the CG of your blade is different....

i also have these issues when im using cheapo carbon blades..
                    I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
                      like i said..

you got to start from your servo up.. the 3 servo to swash rod.. level your swash at mid stick.. then work your way up.. working as a set.. all rods from swash up should be same length..

refer to your manual.. it should tell you all the length needed for each sets..
                      Can I find out if the see-saw portion must be also level at mid-stick in addition to swash plate being level from all angles of view? I found that at the lowest stick pt, the see-saw gets tilted upwards. At max throttle pt, the see-saw and swash plate is level. Is that anything wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by daddyrc View Post
                        Can I find out if the see-saw portion must be also level at mid-stick in addition to swash plate being level from all angles of view? I found that at the lowest stick pt, the see-saw gets tilted upwards. At max throttle pt, the see-saw and swash plate is level. Is that anything wrong?
                        Yes.. at mid stick everything must be level as well.. and blade must be "0" degree.. then both max positive stick and negative stick should give you same pitch.. If not then your servo arm is not 90 degree to servo.. that's why you must start from servo up...

1. servo arm 90
                        2. servo rod same length(depends if the servo is all in the same position)
                        3. swash plate level
                        4. adjust rod so that seesaw level
                        5. adjust rod so that flybar cage level
                        6. Pitch rod same length..

I think this is the sequence.. correct me if i'm wrong..

If servo is 90 and you are not getting equal pitch on both "+" and "-" pitch due to hitting the head block or swash.. then you have to adjust servo length again.. and start all the above all over again.. it either means that the 3 servo rod is too long or too short to start with..

hope this is clear..

cheers
                        q
                        Avant Aurora (E1)
                        Avant Aurora (E2)
                        Mcp X
                        GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
                          Yes.. at mid stick everything must be level as well.. and blade must be "0" degree.. then both max positive stick and negative stick should give you same pitch.. If not then your servo arm is not 90 degree to servo.. that's why you must start from servo up...

1. servo arm 90
                          2. servo rod same length(depends if the servo is all in the same position)
                          3. swash plate level
                          4. adjust rod so that seesaw level
                          5. adjust rod so that flybar cage level
                          6. Pitch rod same length..

I think this is the sequence.. correct me if i'm wrong..

If servo is 90 and you are not getting equal pitch on both "+" and "-" pitch due to hitting the head block or swash.. then you have to adjust servo length again.. and start all the above all over again.. it either means that the 3 servo rod is too long or too short to start with..

hope this is clear..

cheers
                          q
                          Sorry but I understand some of what you're saying but I'm getting the pitch ok -11deg at lowest, 0 deg at midstick and +11deg at max throttle. Just that flybar cage or see saw thingy not level at lowest stick pt, still NOT ok?

Comment

Originally posted by daddyrc View Post
                            Sorry but I understand some of what you're saying but I'm getting the pitch ok -11deg at lowest, 0 deg at midstick and +11deg at max throttle. Just that flybar cage or see saw thingy not level at lowest stick pt, still NOT ok?
                            sorry I don't understand your problem.. I don't have a heli with me.. so I'm not sure if that is ok..
                            Avant Aurora (E1)
                            Avant Aurora (E2)
                            Mcp X
                            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

Working...
                            X