• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase headspeed.

Hi i am using:

Turnigy Typhoon 2215H Brushless 450-Size Heli Motor 3550kv

Specifications:
    Dimension: 35mm x 28mm, 51mm(with shaft)
    Weight: 63g (kv3550) (not including connectors)
    Voltage: 2-4S
    Max current: 20~28A
    Diameter of shaft:3.17mm
    Length of front shaft:16mm
    ESC: 40A
    Turnigy Typhoon 2215H for 450 class Helicopters.

how do i ensure that i got the headspeed at maximum? Because my tail wag after a rudder input which i think less tail authority, so i wanted to know if my headspeed at it max. how do i do that?

For starters, what is the heli you are flying? What is the current pinion your using? 11/12/13/14/15 teeth?
    ------------------
    Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
    Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
    OS 91HZ
    RJX 90sz Muffler
    HC3-SX
    Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
    Align D650 Tail
    GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
    Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
    RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
    Align D610 Cyclic
    Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
    Raptor 50 SE
    Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

Im using HK450GT (450 se v2 clone)

how do i check my pinion? im not sure myself...

Comment

to your quesiton on headspeed, headspeed is a function of throttle curve, voltage, current, motor, pinion count, drag, blades etc.

To up the maximum headspeed, ESC and lipo are the key elements. Increase voltage from 3S to 4S is the simplest way to increase though pinion count will usually have to decrease.

To control the headspeed, with what ever your setup, adjust the throttle curve to max.

I suggest:
        Normal: 0,65,85,85,85
        Idle 1: 95,95,95,95,95
        Idle 2: 100,100,100,100,100 (if you think it is necessary to get maximum headspeed)

Note: The spin up from rest to 85 across half stick is daunting at first but you'll get to enjoy it soon.

Tail wag can be because of in correct gain on gyro. To correct a slow wag, increase the gain, to reduce a quick wag, reduce gain.

Might be useful to share which gyro and tx you are using so that the folks can advise better.

Comment

For a 450 heli, headspeed of 2700 to 2800 would be ok for me for hovering and normal flying but try not to exceed 3000 rpm. Depend also on the pinion size on the motor ( eg. 10T, 11T, 12T and so on...) The more teeths the higher the headspeed. Check also the main blade material is able to withstand high headspeed as there are cases of blade shredding due to too high headspeed.

Comment

Working...
          X