Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC HELI 450 Electrical

Hi guys, i dunno if this is a electrical problem but would like to find out more.

1. when i hover my 450, there will have some drop in power and which u need to trottle up abit to let it float in the air. and is not constant. (issit normal?) anything wrong with the ESC or Motor or the batt that i'm using?

the setup:
    a. ESC ACE 40A
    b. Motor Align 3550KV
    c. Batt using 2200mah 20-30C Discharge.

what will be the best Normal flight (non 3D) Setup?
    Currently my setup (using a JR DSX9)
    1. D/R & EXP
    a. RUDD - D/R: 80%
    - EXP: 30%
    b. ELEV - D/R: 95%
    c. AILE - D/R: 90%

2. Throttle Curve
    a.NORM - EXP ON

PT-L: 0%
    PT-1: 16.5%
    PT-2: 33.0%
    PT-3: 50%
    PT-4: 67.5%
    PT-5: 77.0%
    PT-H: 88%

3. Pitch Curve normal Default
    a. NORM - EXP ON

Thank you guys.

yo bro, u stay sembawang right? there is a group of flyer at welington circle,they are experience pilots. i know 2 of them but havent join them yet but going to join soon if my tuttion time wont clash with the flying time go check ont the (SFG) tread
    selling items cause upgrading my fleet.
    this is my hp no.96 19 17 78 sms me if u wtb anything or if u have any Qn.
    1.TREX500(SUNDAY FLYER)(turnigy vbar) waiting to madien.
    2.TREX600N (3D MACHINE)(sk360 with spartan 760) maidened on 2jan 2011
    3.RAPTOR 90SE(F3C)
    4.BLADE MCX(LIVING ROOM FUN) sponsored by bro spykerdelia !!
    PILOT DK Yong(De Kai)FUEL USING:OF COURSE NIROMAGIC LA !
    Hmm... whats next? :x
    sigpic

Comment

e heli

pitch is dependent on the heli type.. the number is only a reference for adjustment.. wats important is the actual pitch angle. If ur new and trying to hover, set angle to -2 at zero throtle, +2 at mid throttle, +5 at max throttle , the 2 other points, follow the curve. the heli probably drops when pitch changes drastically, itl slow down the head speed specially if its just barely reaching hovering speed of 2000 rpm.
      the DR for aileron and elevator must be the same suggest 80
      expo for both ail/elev set at + 20
      rudder DR 80, expo linear
      get flybar weights to add stability
      Beam E4 V2 Advance
      Thunder Tiger Mini titan SE 450
      Eflite SR 120 2.4G
      Kyosho Inferno MP9
      Xray XB808 2010 spec
      Futaba 7Ch 2.4G
      Spectrum DX7
      Sanwa M11 2.4g

Comment

e heli

another thing, when the cyclic is used( aileron/elevator ), it causes a drop in headspeed.. so u have to compensate to keep it hoverng. thats normal.
        Beam E4 V2 Advance
        Thunder Tiger Mini titan SE 450
        Eflite SR 120 2.4G
        Kyosho Inferno MP9
        Xray XB808 2010 spec
        Futaba 7Ch 2.4G
        Spectrum DX7
        Sanwa M11 2.4g

Comment

I was told and taught to set pitch as how you would fly 3D.. cause if you start with too conservative a pitch range.. you would need to re-learn.. and you will not have a sudden drop in pitch when you switch to flight Mode 1 or 2.. Only diff will be head speed.. and you will be comfortable with the same hoovering point.. the upper half of your stick travel..

this is how I started.. I'm just using a simple example.. so only highlight 3 point..

Normal Mode: Low -3 Mid 0 High +11
          Head speed: Low 0% Mid 60% High 80%

flight mode 1: low -11 Mid 0 High +11
          Head speed Low 90% Mid 70% High 90%

flight mode 2: Low -13 Mid 0 High +13
          Head speed Low 100% Mid 80% High 100%

the above pitch of cause have to go with the appropriate HS..

If you notice.. mid stick is always 0..

you could also lower the HS percentage so that it's not too High when you're learning how to hoover..
          But eventually you'll still need to up the head speed when you have master hoovering..

this is just what i think..
          Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
          Avant Aurora (E1)
          Avant Aurora (E2)
          Mcp X
          GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
          JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
          will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Thank you! will try it out. my style of flying is just normal hovering and manovouring. heli type is a clone 450 Pro. it just kept me wondering that i cant keep the heli at a steady hovering which sometime let the heli to bounce up and down... so far i have tried 500 heli (T-rex Clone) and they are much stable. maybe is due to the weight...

Rgds

Originally posted by richardmendoza View Post
            pitch is dependent on the heli type.. the number is only a reference for adjustment.. wats important is the actual pitch angle. If ur new and trying to hover, set angle to -2 at zero throtle, +2 at mid throttle, +5 at max throttle , the 2 other points, follow the curve. the heli probably drops when pitch changes drastically, itl slow down the head speed specially if its just barely reaching hovering speed of 2000 rpm.
            the DR for aileron and elevator must be the same suggest 80
            expo for both ail/elev set at + 20
            rudder DR 80, expo linear
            get flybar weights to add stability

Comment

Thanks for your info bro. i have much to learn and practice. my set up is non 3D. so at my low Throttle, Pitch is at Zero.

Rgds

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
              I was told and taught to set pitch as how you would fly 3D.. cause if you start with too conservative a pitch range.. you would need to re-learn.. and you will not have a sudden drop in pitch when you switch to flight Mode 1 or 2.. Only diff will be head speed.. and you will be comfortable with the same hoovering point.. the upper half of your stick travel..

this is how I started.. I'm just using a simple example.. so only highlight 3 point..

Normal Mode: Low -3 Mid 0 High +11
              Head speed: Low 0% Mid 60% High 80%

flight mode 1: low -11 Mid 0 High +11
              Head speed Low 90% Mid 70% High 90%

flight mode 2: Low -13 Mid 0 High +13
              Head speed Low 100% Mid 80% High 100%

the above pitch of cause have to go with the appropriate HS..

If you notice.. mid stick is always 0..

you could also lower the HS percentage so that it's not too High when you're learning how to hoover..
              But eventually you'll still need to up the head speed when you have master hoovering..

this is just what i think..

Comment

SFG flyer

Bro the best thing is join the some flying guys near by . There will help u more. Ps try not to fly alone bro.

Comment

ya. hope to find some kahkis. though flying alone is really sometimes bored...

Originally posted by jumat View Post
                  Bro the best thing is join the some flying guys near by . There will help u more. Ps try not to fly alone bro.

Comment

Originally posted by weslim78 View Post
                    Thanks for your info bro. i have much to learn and practice. my set up is non 3D. so at my low Throttle, Pitch is at Zero.

Rgds
                    The reason you need some negative pitch at normal flight mode.. In case the wind too strong.. you will still be able to bring it down..

setting it to 3D doesn't mean you are flying 3D.. it train you to get comfortable with the position of your stick.. and your stick movement..

I learn from setting Expo higher.. to get less sensitivity at mid stick.. (till now I'm still running about +25% expo)..

so setting the pitch diff from the 3D just put you through more training or getting use to..

just something for you to think about.. since you are still learning how to hoover..
                    Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                    Avant Aurora (E1)
                    Avant Aurora (E2)
                    Mcp X
                    GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

My helis, all of them (even those that are flybarless) will never stay in one position. It will always need pilot constant input to try and make it hover rock solid in a certain altitude. IMO, this is due to air movements created by the blades.

Comment

Thanks bro. have set the pitch to your recommendation. my heli respond better as in the hovering state. the amount of bouncing up and down is very little.

yup initially i din adjust the EXPO. so everything is very sensitives. and have crashed easily before. so now, i'm getting a hang of it. the feel is there. the confident level is getting more n more positive and the maneovouring i'm doing is much more smoother and SHIOK! haha

any good batteries for advice? currently i'm using the 20C-30C 2200mAH Turnigy. go it it from Hobby King. the flight time is about 4 to 5 mins.

Thanks bro!

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
                        The reason you need some negative pitch at normal flight mode.. In case the wind too strong.. you will still be able to bring it down..

setting it to 3D doesn't mean you are flying 3D.. it train you to get comfortable with the position of your stick.. and your stick movement..

I learn from setting Expo higher.. to get less sensitivity at mid stick.. (till now I'm still running about +25% expo)..

so setting the pitch diff from the 3D just put you through more training or getting use to..

just something for you to think about.. since you are still learning how to hoover..

Comment

Yup. after some pitch and EXPO adjusting lesson from the Bros, my Heli is much more stable and Easier to control. yes its really hard to keep the heli in position and a hovering state. but guess thats the skill that required.. still training hard for manouvering and once i'm okie, will start to train the nose facing me... well guess thats the hardest part.

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                          My helis, all of them (even those that are flybarless) will never stay in one position. It will always need pilot constant input to try and make it hover rock solid in a certain altitude. IMO, this is due to air movements created by the blades.

Comment

Originally posted by weslim78 View Post
                            Thanks bro. have set the pitch to your recommendation. my heli respond better as in the hovering state. the amount of bouncing up and down is very little.

yup initially i din adjust the EXPO. so everything is very sensitives. and have crashed easily before. so now, i'm getting a hang of it. the feel is there. the confident level is getting more n more positive and the maneovouring i'm doing is much more smoother and SHIOK! haha

any good batteries for advice? currently i'm using the 20C-30C 2200mAH Turnigy. go it it from Hobby King. the flight time is about 4 to 5 mins.

Thanks bro!
                            I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it.. yes it's a lot of hard work..
                            practice practice and more practice makes perfect..

like what Adrian says.. the wind beneath the blades that's making the heli bounce up and down.. you need a lot of stick input to make the heli stay still..

anyway enjoy the journey.. it's not when you'll be there.. but more the progress in getting there.. but there will never be a (THERE)

cheers
                            quest
                            Avant Aurora (E1)
                            Avant Aurora (E2)
                            Mcp X
                            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

Working...
                            X