Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranforming Logo 400

Logo 400 is a very decent flying machine, like any Mikado heli.

Beside non-tail driven heli, the other issue is the disc loading of this 425/430 class heli just have a bit too much disc loading on it due to its weight (since it is really based on Logo 10 ).

I have also been trying to find a 400 series size heli that is easy on the electronics yet with good disc loading. Protos is one just with 430mm blade, but may be the weight of the heli is just a little too light (funny I use to like it light). Have recently try the ATOM stretch with 500mm blade and that looks great except that the 8mm main shaft is not to my liking, and feel that and hard move the FBL head wobble a bit. Was looking at the Gaui X5 that looks promising until I found out it is also 8mm shaft.

I remember that back in 2008 I tried to create a similar class heli based out of Logo 500 heli....see picture below. But it ends up the weight is around 2.3kg, while flying MAH 463mm blade. The longer blade was offset by the heavier weight.

Old picture back in 2008:

The Logo 400 Transformation

Now the Logo 400 transformation.

Parts used :
    - Logo 500 boom cut down to right size
    - Mah blade 463mm ( one that sold back in 2008 and purchase back from bro yesterday)
    - customised 500XL belt from MISBELT at Syed Alwi road at $12 per piece

Have only got a chance to fly a short flight today, but enough to proof that this is a very good combination. Good things is I am still using the same electronic setup as standard logo 400 with RJX 430mm blades. The MAH 463mm blade while longer is actually lighter then the RJX.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.
    Jonathan

Comment

FLying well

20+ flights on this stretch and all going well with SK-720

Jonathan

Comment

Continue to transform - New Power House Engine added

Here is what I got today
        More is to come

KONTRONIK PYRO motors are known not only among the helicopter community for their power, quality and reliability. While the PYRO 30-12/14 is the best choice for 10 to 12s applications the MINIPYRO focuses on 4 to 6s models.

Now KONTRONIK closed the gap between both motors and developed together with helicopter manufacturers the PYRO 600 for 6 to 8s models. With a perfectly balanced rotating can and an extremely effective integrated cooling system, the PYRO 600 exhibits extreme power and efficiency. Ultra high heat resistance, super high quality bearings, and an extremely efficient design all come standard with this motor.

The new PYRO 600 was developed for the popular 500 and 600 class helicopters. The RPMs are perfectly adjusted to 6 S and 8 S LiPo.
        2 kW continuous power allow 3D acrobatic flying with no wishes left open.

PYRO motors in short:

* Neodym magnets, heat resistent up to 150 degree C
        * Specialized wire, heat resisten up to 300 degree C
        * Perfectly balanced
        * Optimized metal sheets
        * Optimized ventilation

Specs:
        - 1050 kV
        - max. 28,000 RPM
        - 220 g

Comment

hoooOOO! This heli's gona be sick
          Helis
          Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Complete transformation

check out my new post.

Comment

Working...
            X