Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for elderly beginners

I have purchased a RTF Esky Belt V2, and find the Tail rotor spinning counter clockwise. How do I reverse it? I can fly a little but am completely ignorant otherwise. I'm terrified of doing something wrong
    The amusing but not too helpful manual says that if both the main rotors and tail rotors are going backwards "power down the helicopter, unplug the flight battery, then simply reverse the position of any two motor wire lead connections to the ESC."
    It gives a clear illustration of how to do this, but does not explain what to do iff only the tail rotor is misbehaving.
    I'm 69 and probably too old to learn the jargon, but I really enjoy the hobby.

Also I'm not sure if I have gone about asking this question in the right way.
    I could not seem to find a link that said e.g. "Äsk your question "
    Walter

correct

Walter,

Welcome to the Hobby, there is no age restriction to this hobby. But for sure if you spend a bit more time, you get addicted to it.

Not familiar with Belt V2, but should work the same.
    I believe your tail shaft and blade are on the left side of the helis when looking from the front of the heli to the back. Like the picture here.

Then you main rotor should spin clockwise while your tail rotor should spin anti-clockwise.

Put on a training kit (those sticks with pin-pong balls) and spin the helis up slowly. If the helis start wanting to spin around and cannot control, then the tail is spinning the wrong direction. If it is just wags left and right, then it is ok just that the tail gyro holding set up is not done properly yet.

Jonathan

Comment

pics

now with the picture.

Comment

Hi Walter,

Go to the flying field to seek help from those heli flyers. They willing to help to setup and test your heli.

Down there, you will learn to understand how the heli works and its individual mechnics and electronics functions.

Comment

I think you should go back to your local hobby shop where you bought your heli and ask them to do a proper setup for you. It's a service they have to provide. Another option is like what yacsf mentioned... go down to your nearest flying field and meet some new flying friends there who will be eager to render you assistance. RC flying have no age limits and barrier and it's not too old to learn but you need a pair of steady hands for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
            I think you should go back to your local hobby shop where you bought your heli and ask them to do a proper setup for you. It's a service they have to provide. Another option is like what yacsf mentioned... go down to your nearest flying field and meet some new flying friends there who will be eager to render you assistance. RC flying have no age limits and barrier and it's not too old to learn but you need a pair of steady hands for sure...
            You can go back to the shop to ask for help but not ask them to set it up for you its not a must for the shop owner. You don't expect them to fix up the kit for you if you buy from the shop. Moreover it is better for you to learn how things work and repair in an event of a crash.
            Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
            Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
            HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
            sigpic

Comment

Our friend already mentioned, he bought RTF. So everything is complete : heli with radio etc fully assembled. So isn't it the shop's responsibility to make sure it works.
              Yes it is not the shop's responsibility if it is just a kit as you will be providing the rest of the parts or electronics to fix it up. You might even get these parts from the same shop that you bought the kit from and after fixing it up you find that it does not work. Who do you approach for help then ??? CASE ???

Comment

i think your belt is in the wrong way, turn the belt the other way. As with how to do that, you need to see the manual, cant help you much with that.

Comment

Rtf?

I think RTF birds should work just fine. The hobby shop will only entertain you if something major is broken... like rotor does not spin up, or the heli cannot leave the ground, etc.

Setting up and tuning is individual taste and preference, and locally, I don't think the shop owner feels obliged... but if they do, then it's out of their own initiative.

As we all know, some things which are so-called "RTF" don't really fly well out-of-the-box. Ready-To-Crash is more like it The manual will still contain some info on what to check, what to adjust, etc. Of course, the onus is on the new owner to do all this.

As some posts here suggested, it's best to tinker around on your own, supplemented by advice from the regulars on the flying field, and the internet. Fastest way to learn.
                  ------------------------------
                  Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                  NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                    I think RTF birds should work just fine. The hobby shop will only entertain you if something major is broken... like rotor does not spin up, or the heli cannot leave the ground, etc.

Setting up and tuning is individual taste and preference, and locally, I don't think the shop owner feels obliged... but if they do, then it's out of their own initiative.

As we all know, some things which are so-called "RTF" don't really fly well out-of-the-box. Ready-To-Crash is more like it The manual will still contain some info on what to check, what to adjust, etc. Of course, the onus is on the new owner to do all this.

As some posts here suggested, it's best to tinker around on your own, supplemented by advice from the regulars on the flying field, and the internet. Fastest way to learn.
                    This is more reasonable
                    Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                    Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                    HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X