Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding water pump onto heli

Hey guys I need your help with an issue..

I have a 8 channel transmitter and receiver which I am using to fly my heli. For my school project I am supposed to activate a water pump, preferably by means of the same transmitter. The pump can be turned on and off manually but I would like to turn it on and off using the transmitter instead. Can anyone please guide me on this?

Thanks!

Maybe you can us a servo to push the tab.
    What school? SP?

Comment

Get a spoilt servo, remove the circuit, desolder the motor connections and use it on the switch of the pump relay.

Me not electrical guy also can figure out. For u, should not be a problem at all.

Comment

Hmmm... Set the potentiometer at the "off" position of the switch so that the "motor" wont move, then dont touch that pot anymore. So when you are at "on" position, it will keep giving power? Interesting
        But servomechanism not so simple, better to buy a cotf rx controlled switch. less than 20. Jethobby got sell this kind of switch.

Comment

I built my own auto top up system for my aquariums. So just have to remove the float switch and replace with the spoilt servo to activate. Very simple electrics only.

Comment

While having my bath, EUREKA!!!

U may wana go to hardware shops and get infra-red light switch with controller to turn ur pump on/off remotely.

If u want better controller, get the one from the fan. Yes, some fans come with remote control with speed control, timer and oscillation. Just rip off the module and connect it to ur pump's motor. I have two such fans at home and had a look, its possible!!! For cheap junks, check out Sungei Rd.

Comment

Buy a cheap brushed esc then use it like an rc switch.
              Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
              Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
              Esky Dauphin
              Walkera Lama 2
              Walkera 5G6
              Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
              Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
              Brushless Micro-T

Comment

There are a lots of ways to do this. But u have to tell us or know what is your water pump. Is it big and high wattage or low?

Here are some of the methods u can use:
                1. For low power, dismantle any ANALOG servo. Di-soldered the motor and that motor supply (red/black) is your power for your water pump. U tune the potential port till it reaches the ratio in such a way the motor is not turning when TX switch is at one position...and ON at other position. This method is for low power pump. If u need more than 1 pump, then 1 servo = 1 o/p.

2. Small servo with servo arm and that arm will trigger a tiny switch. This switch can be those u normally find in computer mouse (left/right/center click). Using this method required u to build a bracket to mount servo and switch together. This method can have higher current supply...How high current is depend on the switch. Same thing, 1 servo + switch = 1 o/p

3. Use microcontroller and program one i/p to read channel signal from RX. It is like a PWM whereby one end of the servo/channel movement has a longer "1" pulse than the other end of the servo. Then the o/p of the microcontroller can be connect directly to the pump (low current). Using this method allow u to have more than 1 o/p. How many o/p is depend on how many o/p port your microcontroller have.

4. For higher current, u can use high powered transistor or MOSFET switch and the ON/OFF is controlled by either method #1 or #3.

5. Using Brushed motor ESC. Configured one of your TX channel in such a way when u toggle one switch to OFF position, the ESC behave like throttle is at 0%. Then when switch is at ON position, the ESC behave like throttle is in 100% position. How high the o/p current is depend on your ESC. Thus, one ESC = 1 o/p.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                  While having my bath, EUREKA!!!

U may wana go to hardware shops and get infra-red light switch with controller to turn ur pump on/off remotely.

If u want better controller, get the one from the fan. Yes, some fans come with remote control with speed control, timer and oscillation. Just rip off the module and connect it to ur pump's motor. I have two such fans at home and had a look, its possible!!! For cheap junks, check out Sungei Rd.
                  lols... later they go sungei road kena carrot head... actually i did went abt a month ago... still as many stores... can go try...

if you dun want to go that far... maybe you can try going cash converters... they are really quite cheap... maybe ard $10 u can get one le... branded somemore... haha...

Comment

oh ya another thing... if you go sungei road... dun go down too early... maybe after noon time is better... u go too early u will see no one but crows...

Comment

I assume that you already have an electric pump and only need a switch. If so, you can use this from Jet Hobby ($12.00):

If you need more power, add this ($8.50):

Or get the package ($18.50):

Comment

Working...
                      X