Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esky 900 -

I thought esky had cancelled this, was quite gian to get one when they first announced it. But now with crazy value trex500 clones all over the place this seems to have lost its charm somewhat.

Anyone heard anything about it ?

sorry to highjack...
    At the price, flasher 450 pro is much more worth it as you point out in your post.

Comment

This Esky heli is in the smale size catogary as the Trex500 ! ...bigger than the flasher 450 pro.

It would have been happening if it was released during the YEAR in which it was announced.

Now it's just an overpriced plastic/alloy 500 size heli.
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
        This Esky heli is in the smale size catogary as the Trex500 ! ...bigger than the flasher 450 pro.

It would have been happening if it was released during the YEAR in which it was announced.

flasher 500 then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post

Yeah exactly man. That year i bought an all plastic hdx500 for 160usd and was so excited thinking I was getting the deal of the decade or something.

I guess have nothing against plastic parts, my protos is like 99% plastic and it flies ridiculously well. But it's not as though esky design and esky plastic parts are like some kind of premium grade thing and worth 170 for the kit alone when cnc'd 500 clones are all over the place.

I might get that canopy for my hdx though haha.

But anyone hear anything about whether it's really released or if this is just them clearing out their failed first production run or something? Sent email to xheli but no reply yet since it's night time here. Just being kaypoh lah.

Comment

I'm sorry ! ...I had great expectations when ESKY first came onto the scene.

I had a great time with the ESKY Honey Bee FP, a Belt-CP and for a very brief time, a G-Smart. Was even looking forward to the release of this 500 size heli.

Unfortunately, my opinion of ESKY came crashing into the ground when I realised that parts supports is almost none existance !

The worst part of it is that ESKY as a company just doesn't gives a hoot !

Sorry ! ...the only way I would touch another ESKY heli would be with a flame-thrower !
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

It is in the mkt

I stumble acvross when I was doing reach on my new 50 size helis...some hkg lhs (...711....) is selling this esky 900 now.

Jonathan

Comment

Parts support for E-sky helis are quite limited now, locally. Anyone can share some reliable online source for parts for to keep my FP and King 2 airworthy in the years to come? PM, if the forum rules don't allow "advertising"... thanks.

And the prices of E-sky stuff are still significantly high... which is surprising given the availability of cheaper clones these days. Just look at the listed price for the King 3 RTF... can buy a 450 clone RTF (with cheap servos and clone gyro, of course) and have some change to spare!

Strange logic, considering that E-sky and these clones are likely manufactured around the same area in China where they produce all this stuff ... Shenzhen, Dongguan, just to name a few.

I think E-sky should come down to earth a bit and offer some more ARTF options, say, just the kit + motor + ESC, or add cyclic servos, add gyro + tail servo, etc. I've got no use for their TX and RX and lipo and charger, etc. so why I should pay for these extras?
                ------------------------------
                Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Working...
                X