X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Align Flybarless

Yes...it is finanlly getting close.
    Now I know why I still oly have one mini-VBAR

"From the pictures in the beginning of the video it looks like it has a built in governor and satelite receivers connected?
    Also it seems like Align goes with a separate sensor and controller unit..
    Is it a connector to a programmer hanging there? I hope so, dragging a laptop to the field isn't what I want...
    Hope it won't be too pricey "

HeliFreak.com is the place to learn about Radio Controlled Helicopters and to socialize with others who are also learning and flying R/C Helis. Our Motto is Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect. Come join in on the fun and enjoy the free exchange of knowledge and experience.

Jonathan

Here's the link.... check it out...

http://www.facebook.com/alanszabojrfans?ref=mfOut at the flying field developing our flybarless system. I think were on the right track :)
    Benedict Gary
    Nothing's Too Small To Know And Nothing's Too Big To Attempt !

Comment

Nice...
      But a little too late now... Already ordered another system...

Comment

Originally posted by genexis View Post
        Nice...
        But a little too late now... Already ordered another system...
        If you order the mini-VBAR, then no worry. The ALign one at least inital release looks like 3 boxes solutions , sensor, main unit and receiver.

Jonathan

Comment

There are some good and bad of having separate unit....but what I can think off is mainly for scale.

Take example, u can place your RX far far away from motor and ESC.
          Then place sensors as close as possible on the center axis.
          Then place controller closer to battery compartment or somewhere can be easily access (thus, easier to reprogram it).

SH

Comment

No worries, i never trusted align electronics. Even when they out source the parts, somehow there will be a better alternative for the same price range.

Comment

Here's some pictures...

Benedict Gary
              Nothing's Too Small To Know And Nothing's Too Big To Attempt !

Comment

No more Align for me..

Rappy here I come..
                Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
                JR Vibe 50: 01
                Trex600N Pro: 01
                Kasama Srimok 90: 01
                TT Raptor 50: 10
                TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
                MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Fun begin.....

1st G:
                  2nd G: D:
                  3rd G:

Comment

U got it???

Century-Rc is selling the 600 and 700 ones. Not bad pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                      U got it???

Century-Rc is selling the 600 and 700 ones. Not bad pricing.
                      Someone have to qualify if the system is suitable for intermediate pilot like me.

Call Ken......if you want.......fast ......

Jonathan

Comment

Starting .....

Picture to start...build will be stright fwd on a Compass ATOM that had mini-vbar on. SO I can feel the difference and see how this thing perform.

Comment

Cables

Cable to receiver:
                          Mini-VBAR : +2 ( no cables to receiver )
                          VBAR standard : -1 ( cables not labels...I always had to trace to be sure to see if I program wrongly)
                          Align 3G : +1 ( Cable label )

Sensor Cable
                          Mini-VBAR : +2 ( senor integrated )
                          VBAR standard : -1 ( uses standard servo cable..potential to drop out )
                          Align 3G : +1 ( nice, neat connector )

Jonathan

Comment

I'm in the queue???

Comment

It is very true, follow this instruction and you are done on swash setup.

- This is the the easier setup of a FBL swash I have ever come across...everything you know of Flybar is use back for this purpose and there is no learning curve on the FBL electronic....VERY GOOD

Mini-VBAR : 0 ( need to learn and familiar with it )
                              VBAR standard : 0 ( need to learn and familiar with it )
                              Align 3G : +2 ( easy, not learning curve )

** This could be subjective...as I am very familiar with various FBL electronic ** But On the othe hand I can tell you no learning coming from Flybar heli to this 3G, not ture for the rest of system I pay with.

Now the real test is how it fly....
                              Wait I have my personal challenge...I need to setup a ALign tail gyro.

=====Extract from Edvard R from Helifreak == for easy reference ===

Set up is ridiculously easy:

Contrary to other FBL systems, the Align system needs the radio in 120' swash mode.
                              Press the SET button while powering on - this brings you into the 1st setup phase. Here you set everything to zero. Adjust collective pitch to +/- 14' by adjusting the swash %. For cyclic, simply adjust the aileron cyclic pitch to +/-14', again by adjusting the swash %. Use the same swash % for elevator.
                              This completes phase 1.

Press the SET button to go to Phase 2 - setting the Elevator Limit. Simply move the elevator stick to full positive and negative travel.

Press the SET button to go to Phase 3 - setting the Elevator Direction. Check that the swash moves in the right direction. If not, reverse the direction by moving the stick to alternate the light from green to red (or vice versa)

Do the same for Aileron.

Swash done. Power off.

Power on (not holding the SET button). After power on, check that the swash moves in the right direction by tilting the heli. Swash moves in the opposite direction for both elevator and aileron.

Press the SET button for 3 seconds. This enters the tail setup. Simply set up the tail as you would the Align 760 tail gyro.

All done.

In the radio - set your roll rates by increasing or decreasing the swash %. Tail gyro gain is set like any other tail gyro.

Go fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X