X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flying 450 size helis on 4S?

Hello

i have a sudden interest in 4S setups.

cooler batt/electronics due to lower amp draw seem to be a very good idea.
    comes at the cost of heavier batts but by not much.

anyone doing it already? can share ur setups and flight times? i am looking at doing simple 3D and aerobatics.

i am thinking of going with:

4S Turnigy 20C 2200mah
    Tarot 450 (3600KV)
    CC35 with BEC
    11 tooth pinion.

shd have awesome power and mechanically i know the pro can handle 3K+ headspeeds easy.

cheers!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

You will love it. Too bad my 4S TP 2250 40C pack cannot fit into my Flasher 450 Pro, canopy cannot fit.

Jonathan

Originally posted by stickman View Post
    Hello

i have a sudden interest in 4S setups.

cooler batt/electronics due to lower amp draw seem to be a very good idea.
    comes at the cost of heavier batts but by not much.

anyone doing it already? can share ur setups and flight times? i am looking at doing simple 3D and aerobatics.

i am thinking of going with:

4S Turnigy 20C 2200mah
    Tarot 450 (3600KV)
    CC35 with BEC
    11 tooth pinion.

shd have awesome power and mechanically i know the pro can handle 3K+ headspeeds easy.

cheers!

Comment

There are 2 ways to go up voltage.

If u use 4S1P, the current drop by 4S over 3S is not that high...thus u need about the same mAH as 3S. Take example, if u are using 3S1P of 2200mAH, u still have to use 2200mAH or maybe 2100mAH. Your battery weight will increase by about 1cell more.

The good thing is that, if u are into 3D with want high RPM, then your motor can still be the same as your 3S type....but u use lower gearing. This will give u higher power (in terms of torque) for you to do 3D....especially those taxing maneuvers.

The other method is, instead of going 4S1P, u go for 5S1P or 6S1P instead. By using 6S1P for example, your battery mAH can go like 1/2 of what u using. Thus, 1300mAH should be good. Using 1050mAH also can but I think 1300mAH might be longer flight time.
      Since u are using 1300mAH, the battery weight is much lower. But since u need 6S instead of 3S, the weight is 1Cell x 6. But because of 1300mAH is smaller, the overall weight of 6S battery might still give u the same weight as 3S1P or 4S1P but your current consumption is lot more lesser.

But before u can use 6S1P, u need to use much lower KV motor. Take example, the Scorpion 14xx kv model. Your ESC must be able to handle 6S1P also.

For 4S1P and above, it is a must to have external BEC...or else, your ESC will keep on going thermal cutoff,

SH

Comment

Working...
      X