Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting tail on eraptor

Hi all,

Need some advice from gurus out there.. Couple months back, lost the tail on my eraptor while learning to hover at about 2m.. The heli just suddenly piro left for no reason.. Upon inspection, gyro was dislodged from the tape (as in the tape tore in half), so conclusion was that the gyro came loose..

Last sunday, heli was finally fixed up wif the help of hdb and luckily he did a test flight.. After about few minutes of flying, heli again piro to the left, and thanks to hdb, he managed to land it.. We are not really sure what could be the problem.. The piro rate of left and right is also not the same..

Gyro is the JR770T wif 8900 servo.. Went home to check the manual, it says that wif jr digital servos, it should be set to high, whereas mine was set to low. Will this wrong setting cause the tail to below as above mentioned?

Right now, i dun even dare to fly the eraptor as i know theres not way i will be able to control the heli if the same thing happens again.. Me still beginner..

Is anyone able to share/ comment on what could be wrong?

many thanks!!
    Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
    YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
    Align DS610 for cyclics
    JR770T + JR8900G
    JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
    Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
    MKS9660 for cyclics
    Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
    JR DSX9

me no guru.... can only give this comment

setting the wrong servo type is definitely not a good thing.... so I guess it does affect the tail performance to some extend but not sure whether it is the cause of your problem...

I did spent some hours setting up my JR770T.... quite painful to set it up properly.... luckily it is working fine now....

I suggest u run through the gyro setup again especially the EXP & D/R settings.....

The only way to test it is hover it.... so if no one helps u then try hovering it low to test first.....
    After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Check your tail grip bearings.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower View Post
        me no guru.... can only give this comment

setting the wrong servo type is definitely not a good thing.... so I guess it does affect the tail performance to some extend but not sure whether it is the cause of your problem...

I did spent some hours setting up my JR770T.... quite painful to set it up properly.... luckily it is working fine now....

I suggest u run through the gyro setup again especially the EXP & D/R settings.....

The only way to test it is hover it.... so if no one helps u then try hovering it low to test first.....
        Looks like i am gonna be looking at bob's videos to try setting up the gyro this weekend...

As for the hovering test, guess i'll be needing a towel and knee stabilizers!!
        Align DS610 for cyclics
        JR770T + JR8900G
        JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
        MKS9660 for cyclics
        JR DSX9

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
          Check your tail grip bearings.
          Tail grip bearings seems pretty smooth.. just that the pitch slider fork is not screwed all the way in, meaning that there is some slop, but knotchy slop.. could this be the cause? I had screwed it in all the way, but not too tight till the tail grips cannot turn...
          Align DS610 for cyclics
          JR770T + JR8900G
          JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
          MKS9660 for cyclics
          JR DSX9

Comment

Working...