Where can order this clone...
    TAROT450Pro - CC50 / 6s / beastX

Radio -DX7
    Pilot- Jon
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
      Nice !!!

I've got 2 of these on the way :[url]http://www.---------.com/---------/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9223&Product_Name=FF200_Brushless_Outrunner_5000kv for a Firefox200 ...maybe one on them will go into this clone

??? err.. where?

Comment

Mind to share/PM where do you get this kit?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by keat View Post
          Mind to share/PM where do you get this kit?

Thanks
          PM Send

Comment

Originally posted by Micro Heli View Post
            Where can order this clone...

Is a local shop ......search Aerial

Comment

http://-----------.com/

Comment

Originally posted by heliman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by digiheli View Post
                  Is a local shop ......search Aerial
                  ...Search Hobby

...sure get it one !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Ok, finally I found the time to complete my assembly of this clone last evening. The electronics I used are :

Cyclics servos : Hitec 5065MG
                    Rudder : Align DS520
                    Motor : Align stock brushless 3400KV motor (RCM-BL250) w/ 16T pinion
                    ESC : Align stock 15A ESC (BL15X)
                    Gyro : Logictech 2100t

I used the outer most hole on the servo horn for the cyclics and had +-15 degrees of pitch! I had to use one inner hole instead. Even with this, I had to reduce my swash pitch mixing down from 60% to about 50% to achieve +-11 degrees of pitch.

I did 3 lipo packs worth of hover test last night and am glad to say that I did not experience any tail wag or tail issues many have experienced with the TRex250. The heli seems slightly tail heavy probably due to the weight of DS520 servo. I might use a smaller rudder servo later to achieve better CG.

I must say that I really liked the aluminum boom mount as it seems to really clamp the boom well in place. On the original T250, I had problems with boom coming loose after a couple of flights resulting in loose belt. No matter how I tightened it, even with locktite, the problem still persist. But this one seems to hold well. I am guessing the use of TORX screw helps to overcome it.

The landing skid assembly seems a little too soft for my liking. Not sure if it will break easily on heavy landing.

As I don't have a tach, I could not measure the headspeed but there is sufficient power to fly this heli considering the motor was used on the original TRex. I am pretty sure I will eventually change the motor to the Scorpion 3900KV along with the CC25A ESC for the additional punch.

But before that, I will try to do a little more agreesive FF flying with mild 3D (i am no 3D expert ) with this current setup to confirm that the tail really holds before changing / upgrading any electronics.

Will try to post some pics later. Stay tuned!

Comment

Oh and by the way, if there are any other bros out there with the same clone, please do feel free to share your experience here as well!

Comment

...Search Hobby

...sure get it one !
                        Bro, did you get one too? Maybe too small for your liking yah?

Comment

Originally posted by pck View Post
                          Maybe too small for your liking yah?
                          Whatever gave you that idea ? ...One of my all time favourite heli is a modified Picco-Z

Bro, did you get one too?
                          Nice !!!

I've got 2 of these on the way :[url]http://www.---------.com/---------/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9223&Product_Name=FF200_Brushless_Outrunner_5000kv for a Firefox200 ...maybe one of them will go into this clone
                          What do you think ?

Comment

Flight report! Flight report!
                            Now my turn to chase you !!!!

Comment

Now my turn to chase you !!!!
                              hahaha! I will be doing one this evening.

Comment

Ok, some updates:

I did a test flight on last friday evening. After about a minute or so in a forward flight, the tail wagged violently out of a sudden and I was forced to land it quickly. Luckily, I was still able to control the landing and no damaged was done.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the belt had elongated... I think the stock belt has a quality problem. As I had mentioned in my previous post, I had already noticed that the belt looks 'worn-out' at out of the box. If anyone else have this same problem, then it's most likely a defect out of the factory.

Anyway, I changed it to the Align belt and did a test flight this evening and am glad to say that I had a couple of good flights with it. No problems with the tail, but I DID have to turn the gain down on the Logictech gyro quite a fair bit. Did a fast forward flights with some inverted hover and didn't experience any problems with it.

Overall comments and experiences:
                                (+) : I didn't have to meddle with the tail setup like I had to do so with the Align one. The belt also did not come loose after a couple of flights so the metal tail boom clamp of this clone truly holds better. (I will probably get this part and fit it into my Trex250!) I like the use of the Torx screws on this clone instead of the 0.9mm hex screws. The torx screws are more 'forgiving', easier to screw on and don't stripped easily.

(-) : The stock belt didn't work for me. Looks like a quality issue. And also, I still feel the landing skids are too soft for my liking. Because of the torx screws used, means you have another tool to keep with you.

Once this clone is setup properly, I would say it flies like the original. Not much difference in terms of flight characteristics.

Comment

Working...
                                X