Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ppl say this... some not

hi bro, it is me again.

I have got a cron trex 450 sitting at home coz my friend give up his hobby and sold me at $50. But his Gyro used is GY240 and a H81 servo.

Some say that GY401 and a digital servo 9255 or 9257 is better to control the tail.

Can any bro advise which is true.

Thanks

Originally posted by rcflyer View Post
    hi bro, it is me again.

I have got a cron trex 450 sitting at home coz my friend give up his hobby and sold me at $50. But his Gyro used is GY240 and a H81 servo.

Some say that GY401 and a digital servo 9255 or 9257 is better to control the tail.

Thanks
    Bro, it's true Gy401 gyro wz either servo is betta. higher end gyros wz dedicated tail servo is even betta. it's all a matter of how deep yr pockets are, n wat level of flight u r flying in or wat is yr flying style. some ppl say tt for a beginner, its gd to hv a betta/ higher end gyros/servos so u can learn easier/faster as the electronics response is much betta n it'll save u from upgrading in the future. IMO, the gy240 wz hs81 servo is adequate for u to learn the basics of learning to fly/hover yr heli.
    Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

In this hobby, there is an contagious disease called Upgradetitis.
      Pray you don't get infected.

Comment

thats a real bargain for a 450class bird

Comment

Originally posted by artyboy View Post
          thats a real bargain for a 450class bird
          kit + gy240 + hs81 for $50? really good bargain!
          sigpic

Helis:
          Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
          Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
          Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
          Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
          Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

hi bro, it is me again.

Thanks
            If you are starting out this hobby and learning how to hover, then I say the GY240 + HS81 is good enuff. That's what i used when i started out 4 years back. At that time, the 9257 weren't even out yet. Hell, i even used the 240/s81 combo for forward flight later on. No problems. It's all comes down to proper setup.

Gd luck!

Comment

don't worry about upgrading now, when you start joining more funfly and get a hang of flying, i'm very super sure you will be upgrading like mad. when the time comes, you will be in another forum (Market Place)

Comment

Originally posted by pck View Post
                If you are starting out this hobby and learning how to hover, then I say the GY240 + HS81 is good enuff. That's what i used when i started out 4 years back. At that time, the 9257 weren't even out yet. Hell, i even used the 240/s81 combo for forward flight later on. No problems. It's all comes down to proper setup.

Gd luck!
                Yeah.. the problem with me is - I am just a beginner and having so so so much problem with the technical setting.

Many times I am alone trying to figure out how to adjust the proper setting. In the end, when i tried hovering the heli, my tail doesn't hold well enough, it actually fly and sway a circle around me.

PS: I flew in a place where there is no wind, termal etc...

Hence, I was wondering if a better servo and gyro will help to minimise the swaying or could I be missing something.

Perhaps like all of you believe, I should be more participative to join a funfly group to learn the troubleshooting skill.

Comment

Yeah.. the problem with me is - I am just a beginner and having so so so much problem with the technical setting.

Many times I am alone trying to figure out how to adjust the proper setting. In the end, when i tried hovering the heli, my tail doesn't hold well enough, it actually fly and sway a circle around me.

Hence, I was wondering if a better servo and gyro will help to minimise the swaying or could I be missing something.

Perhaps like all of you believe, I should be more participative to join a funfly group to learn the troubleshooting skill.
                  Where do you usually fly? From your description, assuming your servo and gyro are in working condition, then it's highly likely that your heli may not be setup properly mechanically.

I also suggest you visit helifreak.com. It's a forum dedicated to rc helis and there is a section called 'Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room'. Inside you can find a lot of very good setup videos you can download for free. I guarantee you will pick up a lot of information by watching these clips and they are well worth taking the time to watch. Take note you have to register in this site (it's free) in order to enter it.

Of course, joining a heli funfly would be great as someone on site can help you to check your setup and give you good advice.

PM me if you need some help. We can always meet up.

Comment

It's probably the settings of the gyro or the mechanical setting like wat Bro PCK mentioned.

Join a funfly will be a better & safer choice

Comment

Working...
                    X