Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your advise is appreciated.

Hi bro and seniors...

I am a beginner flyer for heli and wish to seek your opinion.

I have bought a mode 1 Spektrum Dx6i from a hobby shop.

But I learn that it is better to use mode 2 to practise heli coz it is easier to control. I hv also call the hobby shop and they said they can convert mode 1 to mode 2 transmitter.

So, i can convert anytime I want to.

But before I do so, is it really easier to practise the hovering with mode 2 or mode 1.

Thanks

some advance heli moves are easier on mode 2.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
    Robotis Bioloid
    Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear View Post
      some advance heli moves are easier on mode 2.

But i am not into advance stunce yet leh.

I am wondering if for beginner like me who just begin with hovering practise, is it better to change to mode 2 or mode 1

Thanks for your advice but i need more info on this before i convert.

Comment

its the habit thing, once you start, its difficult to change.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
        Robotis Bioloid
        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rcflyer View Post
          But i am not into advance stunce yet leh.

I am wondering if for beginner like me who just begin with hovering practise, is it better to change to mode 2 or mode 1

Thanks for your advice but i need more info on this before i convert.
          Stunce????
          Anyways, it's not a matter of being into advance heli flying/stunts. its a matter of u choosing to a mode n sticking to it. i'm a mode 1 user b4, den after ppl saying tt mode 2 is betta, i decided to switch. i gotta learn all over again to clear my brain of mode 1 controls. so hving said tt, i advise to to stick to a mode tt u wud wanna start off n stick wz it. dun start off in a mode, learn halfway, den switch (like me..... hhaha) den when crashes happen in a new mode, u'll feel regret n wud wanna switch again.
          As 4 d DX6i, its not impossible to switch but it's quite a hassle to switch modes; correct me if i'm wrong.
          betta yet, u try out wz both mode 1 n 2 in a simulator; den u decide. it'll save yr heli n yr pockets!!!
          Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Most people who chose mode 2 don't ask if they should have chosen mode 1 instead. So I think pretty safe to just choose mode 2.

I suggest you save your dx6i for your heli, but get a E-Sky Simulator Kit to play/learn on computer. You can try both Mode 1 and 2 easily on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
              Most people who chose mode 2 don't ask if they should have chosen mode 1 instead. So I think pretty safe to just choose mode 2.

I suggest you save your dx6i for your heli, but get a E-Sky Simulator Kit to play/learn on computer. You can try both Mode 1 and 2 easily on that.
              I suggest you pick with mode you want to use then practice it on the simulator. Choose 1 and dun look back.

Helicopters, I suggest mode 2. Dun look back..

Cheers.
              Kedi AH !

Comment

also depends on how you started out flying helis. i started on toy micro helis, then larger coaxials, most of which are Mode 2. so when i got into 'real' helis, Mode 2 was the natural progression for my DSX7, with a bonus - the left (Throttle) stick no longer has a spring! try out for yourself which mode is more intuitive to you, then stick to it. Btw, get an experienced flyer to do the mode change for you + all the flying settings suitable for a learner. Setup is very important! And sim-time is mandatory... just sharing, im new in the hobby like you, but with a very good mentor

Comment

Better to be on mode 2 for heli. Personally think it is easier.

Comment

for heli, mode 2 is better as all the cyclic is on the right stick...like joystick like that. mode 1 will will split the roll and pitch to two different sticks, which is less intuitive for me personally

While the vast majority of heli fliers are on mode 2, I believe there are still a handful on mode 1. At the end of the day, it is still up to personal preference and I believe it is possible to learn advnace stunts on mode 1 as well...it's a habit thing. There's even mode 3 n 4 as well!

And most transmitters can be changed to different modes...

Heres more detail about the modes:
                    http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html
                    Sengkang random flier

Comment

i'm in mode 1, i wanted to move to mode 2 since they say mode to is easier. but then i saw jin who's flying in mode 1 and he's doing piroflips if he can do it, maybe i can too someday

personally i'd prefer mode 2 but since i started in mode 1, might as well stick to it

it's your choice....
                      ------------------------------------------------------
                      Flasher 450 Pro/DX6i/DSM2 AR6200
                      Savox SH-0257/Savox SH-1357/Align GP750
                      Phoenixtech Gold Line 2221-8/Hobby Wing Pentium-40A
                      ------------------------------------------------------

sigpic

Comment

mode 2 is definitely better. although not many people in SG use it at the moment it is gaining popularity and is THE way to fly. i've gone mode 2 since day 1 and never looked back
                        The Hangar:
                        Trex 500 ESP (workhorse of the fleet)
                        HoneyBee King 2(Decommisioned)
                        Raptor 50 v2(nitro burning monster)
                        Walkera 68b (storage)
                        ST Models Cessna 182(given up repairing)
                        All flown by a JR X3810

The Garage:
                        Kyosho Stadium Force TR-15
                        Tamiya TT-01D Silvia S15 (Selling!)
                        KO PROPO EX-Master S Radio

i've got BLATF syndrome. Bad Luck At The Field.

Comment

I like mode 2 also.

Comment

my existing Tx is a mode 2 but i got the joystick swop and the hobbist shop help me to reprogrammed it to mode 1 setting.

if i were to swop it back to mode 2, i may see most advantage on flying the heli.

can anyone advice, if i reprogrammed it back to mode 2 without swoping the joystick module and also removing the elevator spring inside the tx, will i be able to control/feel the controlling part as if it is a mode 2 tx?

I thought of doing so and try it out in the simulator to feel the different before i really convert it entirely.

Is this advisable?

Thanks

Comment

You need to know what the difference between them, and you chose which one you prefer. There is no which one easier, it depend on individual. I attach the illustration between mode 1 and mode 2 which taken from trex450se-v2 manual

Comment

Working...
                              X