Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heli flying learning difficulties?

Can see that so many heli flyers give up after facing difficulties...

Hope others can chip in here if they got any tips.

Below is the method I use to learn to do any pattern or stunt.

Identify Weakness stage:
    First i use logic to understand why i cannot do a stunt.. Forcing myself to be honest and critical of my abilities, I find out why I cannot do a stunt. Which part is the bottleneck/barrier? When do i feel fear when i fly eg. in a circle. Which part of the circle? Once you identified the part, then go to next stage.

Develop Solution/Cure stage:
    In this stage, I come up with the cure for my weakness. Usually by hovering or moving short distance in that unconfident position/direction. Keep practising that boring move until you get it. You are not flying, so don't get carried away. You should be curing your weakness only. Spot treatment only. Dont fly around and waste time. Remember that.

Muscle memory/2nd nature stage:
    Then after u keep practising, you will develop muscle memory for that part of the flight. After that, you can practise the whole flight pattern eg. the whole circle or the figure 8. It will become 2nd nature to you or reflex action.

Muscle memory is important stage especially for more complicated stunts or very fast moves cos you cannot use logic in the middle of the pattern. No time to think. So best is everything also just learn until this stage.

Hope it helps at least some people.

great job there. i think the key is to practice and practice 3 hours on sim everyday?
    JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
    Solid G
    KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

fly with friends

Well, here's looking at you kid!

I'm at that point too... thoughts of giving up...
      i guess one thing that will help is flying together with friends who encourage each other to improve one another's flying skill. Flying with ppl better than you but not too much better also serves to inspire...
      and yes, 10-15 min of sim b4 sleeping helps loads!

oh by the way, where u all fly nitro helis?

Comment

Yup. Simulator time is important.
        Don't take it for granted and treat it as a game.
        Instead, treat the simulator as your coach and your 'doctor, to cure your flying weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by RBS View Post
          Well, here's looking at you kid!

I'm at that point too... thoughts of giving up...
          i guess one thing that will help is flying together with friends who encourage each other to improve one another's flying skill. Flying with ppl better than you but not too much better also serves to inspire...
          and yes, 10-15 min of sim b4 sleeping helps loads!

oh by the way, where u all fly nitro helis?
          RBS, u can just PM or introduce yourself on the nitro heli threads whenever you see them. It's ok to be thickskinned when you wanna make friends heheh

Comment

Working...
          X