Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC setup

I read from RC Heli mag that there is a setup between Tx and ESC, is there a need for this? I don't seem to have read it in the manual.

I believe they are refering to the process where you sync the ESC and Tx's throttle movement range so that 100% throttle on the Tx = 100% throttle on the ESC.

Pardon me if I'm wrong
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

You are right.
      I have read of setup Tx for throttle and pitch but do we need to for ESC.

I am new to this, and I am trying to understand all basic concept of setting up instead of just getting others to do for me. I believe in knowing why I need to do a certain setting so that I can improve in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
        I believe they are refering to the process where you sync the ESC and Tx's throttle movement range so that 100% throttle on the Tx = 100% throttle on the ESC.

Pardon me if I'm wrong

No Tony, you're not.
        It's known as Stick Calibration and it is usually done with TX stick started at the Full Throttle position and down to Lowest Throttle position after the acknowledgement beeps to calibrate the parameters to the ESC. (beep differs from ESC to ESC)

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
        200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
        2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
        Tel : +65 6293 3968
        Official You Tube Channel
        FACEBOOK :

Comment

SO this is a must do step to calibrate the ESC?

Comment

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post
            SO this is a must do step to calibrate the ESC?
            For me, all my heli run on gov mode so I just dial the EPA all the way to 140 and it will initialise the ESC. Upon spooling up, it will reach the desired RPM irregarless of stick position as the throttle curve is a straight horizontal line.

If you are running on fixed throttle mode/linear throttle curve, it is best that you calibrate the ESC to the Tx stick movement.

For my boat esc, no gov mode, so I do the calibration on my ESC and Tx.

Comment

wow! this would even stabilize your hover I think. Could you illustrate further how to do this? Thanks
              sigpic
              "Sky's the limit"

Comment

Working...
              X