Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hirobo Quark

Got the Quark today. Plugged in the lipo, press "Power" and press "Start" and the Quark is flying in my living room! Just out of the box. I was like - WOW!

A FP that so stable that fly out of the box!

I started with a GWS Dragonfly FP and for those who had flew that or the HBFP, you know what a regular FP flew like. But not the Quark. I had always been sceptical of all the rave reviews of the Quark and how stable it is. Now I know they are true!

Only a couple of wishes and one question - hope somene can advise:

1) The lipo plug take some work to remove (because of the catch). Anyone tried snipping the catch off the connector? Any risk of it dropping out during flight if the catch is removed?

2) The Piro rate is somewhat sedated. I turn up my rudder ATV all the way - its ok but I wish it could Piro faster!

3) Anyone know how long the lipo can fly? I set it for 7 mins. How much can I go before the lipo get damage? Also, after 7 mins, the tail motor is quite warm (not hot) - is it normal?

Originally posted by Nosein View Post
    Got the Quark today. Plugged in the lipo, press "Power" and press "Start" and the Quark is flying in my living room! Just out of the box. I was like - WOW!

I started with a GWS Dragonfly FP and for those who had flew that or the HBFP, you know what a regular FP flew like. But not the Quark. I had always been sceptical of all the rave reviews of the Quark and how stable it is. Now I know they are true!

1) The lipo plug take some work to remove (because of the catch). Anyone tried snipping the catch off the connector? Any risk of it dropping out during flight if the catch is removed?

2) The Piro rate is somewhat sedated. I turn up my rudder ATV all the way - its ok but I wish it could Piro faster!

3) Anyone know how long the lipo can fly? I set it for 7 mins. How much can I go before the lipo get damage? Also, after 7 mins, the tail motor is quite warm (not hot) - is it normal?
    I'm did not fly this heli before, so I leave Question 1 & 2 to those who flew it b4.

As for your Question 3, Make sure your individual cell of your lipo doesn't go below 3.3V. Having said that, u have to time n check batt remaining voltage to determine your own flight time

Comment

I have read about people doing that and apparently there's no problem. Why don't you see if it fits snugly first with the catch pressed, then you can guage whether it will come off or not.

I prefer it slow as this is more realistic.

Never really timed it but I think it's more than 7 mins. I usu fly the heli until the auto power shut off is activated. The heli will power down and fall to the ground. So when you know that the battery is about to be spent, better to bring the heli near you and about a few feet off the ground so that when the auto shut off kicks in, your heli won't drop out of the sky!

I don't really like this feature and not sure if it can be turned off. But at least you won't drain your lipo.

Comment

Somehow I only need 1 batt to get my fix. Usually about 7 min flight. The piro rate is slow but I seldom do piro on this heli. The most extreme I will go is backwards figure 8s and maybe a funnel or two. Great heli.
        Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Just curious...has the price gone down? I know it's kinda ex compared with other FP heli at this size...
          Raptor 50 Titan
          Full Kasama Head and tail upgrade
          Futaba GY502
          Align 2 in 1 regulator
          MP5
          RevMax Governor
          Futaba S9254 digital servo

Mini Titan
          Full metal head and tail upgrade
          Jeti 44 ESC
          Carbon rotor and tail blade
          Hitec 65HB x 3
          Futaba S9257
          Futaba GY401

Walkera HM 60B
          Carbon rotor and tail blade
          Full metal head and tail upgrade
          3D capable

Walkera 4#3B
          2.4GHz TX
          Flying in my room during rainning days

Walkera HM 5-4
          Mini Park Flyer
          JR PCM 9X II

Comment

SRB Quark LED kit

Just installed the Hirobo SRB Quark LED lights kit ($130) from Sing Hobby.
            Hirobo quality is there. Looks cool to me. Control unit has 3 settings.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkh8PqQymXU

Comment

anyone interested in getting the new dual bearing tail shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosein View Post

where to get one, and what's the price like ???
                is it able to install onto a hbk2 heli ???
                thxs

Comment

Originally posted by Superior1 View Post
                  where to get one, and what's the price like ???
                  is it able to install onto a hbk2 heli ???
                  thxs
                  do you mean the tail shaft?

No, its only for SRB quark.

Comment

Working...
                  X