Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loops & rolls with woodies

I've been hearing a lot about stock woodies being unable to perform loops and rolls on 30size/50size heli...

Anyone actually tried??? And what's the result?
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

i always scared of over speeding one... heard woodies do not go above 1700..
    loop and roll i guess should be fine, as long as not too high headspeed. the first loops and rolls were done on woodies in the 80s
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Don't worry about loops and rolls on stock woods, they'll take it without problems.

Comment

the 600s are ok abt 1800....can loop and roll...the blade fart sounds nicer too...but if they fly off...the explosion is quite spectacular too

TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Today I whacked my R30 very hard just to test out the stock woodies......

They seems to be able to handle abuse well leh....

My only comments is that the completion of the loop is not very pretty....headspeed tend to decay rapidly while entering the loop, and lack of punch while exiting loop, making the loop look damn ugly...

Inverted flight lacked of punch despite proper amt of pitch...maybe the airfoil of the stock woodies are more optimised for upright flight.

The blade farting on during my few attempts of lousy tic-tock sounded pretty good, but having blades failed on me b4, i didn't push it further.....

Just installed fibres liao.....at least now i know why people say stock woodies cannot really make it....
          [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Oh yes.....forgot to mention, autos with stock woodies seems to be quite okay too........it can manage to sustain enough rpm....maybe becoz the woodies are heavier...
            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

ya lah...no one say the woodies cannot take it...only cannot take TOO much of it...

I'ld thikn the HS decay is an engine problem...not so much for the blades...
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

If the stock blades got too much resistance due to airfoil design, also can cause engine to slow down right?....i noticed that it is always at 'vertical' climb, starting of the loop that the HS decay...then it recovers again when inverted....and lose it again during the levelling out... ???

I'll wait till next week for my flight, then see how it performs with fibres.....if still cannot make it, and I still cannot rid my other R30, I will think of getting OS37....
                [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                X