Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference on 2.4G Tx @ Seng Kang Fly site

1. Dear flyer @ Seng Kang fly site, we wish 2 bring to ur kind attention that there's been interference with 2.4G Tx while we fly 2day @ caption site abt 5ish pm.

a. 1 SJM Heli lost control while flying 3D, flew away on it own.

b. 1 Outrage 550 throttle was cut while hovering.

2. We r unsure what causes both 2.4G Tx 2 behave in such manner within 10mins time.
    We could only suspect external interference fm unknown source.

3. Pls note that we r not claiming that it's Area 53, but r sharing what happened 2 us 2day, b glad 2 hve ur kind input on similar scenario.

Learning Stall Turns
    Mode 2 Heli Masticator
    学习神龙摆尾
    美国手直升机毁灭者

what were the brands of the 2.4 modules, tx etc?
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

JR with Assan 2.4G module

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
      1. Opss I can only recall 1 is a JR with Assan 2.4G module.

2. The other I can't recall, it be better if U ask Radio man for 1st hand info
      Cuz it happened 2 his Outrage 550

Learning Stall Turns
      Mode 2 Heli Masticator
      学习神龙摆尾
      美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

1 being JR 9Ch with Assan 2.4G module

Originally posted by PurpleUnicorn View Post
        1. Opss I can only recall 1 being a JR 9CH with Assan 2.4G module.

2. The other I can't recall, it be better if U ask Radio man for 1st hand info
        Cuz it happened 2 his Outrage 550
        P.S. pls pardon my English mind's not running now
        Yet got 2 charge my batts for tmr's flight

Learning Stall Turns
        Mode 2 Heli Masticator
        学习神龙摆尾
        美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

Radio Man Pls Speak

1. Radio Man pls share with us ur exciting recovery 2day @ Seng Kang.

2. Pls response, cuz I knew b charging ur batts for tmr's flight like I am

Learning Stall Turns
          Mode 2 Heli Masticator
          学习神龙摆尾
          美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

I'm using Spektrum DX7

Originally posted by PurpleUnicorn View Post
            1. Radio Man pls share with us ur exciting recovery 2day @ Seng Kang.

2. Pls response, cuz I knew b charging ur batts for tmr's flight like I am
            Don't ka jiao me leh. I'm watching ---- leh.... Ha.... Ha.... Just kidding.

Just managed to finish charging 1st battery 5000mah 6's took almost 11/2 hour. Sigh............... 4 more packs to go.
            今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
            不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
            长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
            Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
            If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
            Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
            Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
            Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
            Outrage 550 (FB)6's
            Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
            Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
            Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

if it is an assan module, it could indeed be an interference issue as Assan doesnt frequency hop. However, this is the first case I have heard so far.

So it could also very likely be due to other reasons like static discharge, maybe loose wiring etc, that needs investigation..
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

both 2.4G's TX suffered reception lost dude

if it is an assan module, it could indeed be an interference issue as Assan doesnt frequency hop. However, this is the first case I have heard so far.

So it could also very likely be due to other reasons like static discharge, maybe loose wiring etc, that needs investigation..
                1. Sorry 2 bug u Radio, I'm pretty much still awake fm my crying neice!

2. There u hve it Johndyl it's A Spektrum system & happens 2 both 2.4G's almost same time.
                2 b correct I would say it's kinda less then 5mins that both 2.4G Tx looses it.
                I was being conservative on my 1st post. Hope other flyer whom witness this incident would reconfirm my "time keeping record"

3. We r not highlighting this 2 deter flyers, or claiming it's an Area 51 research, but just a friendly acknowledgment & feedbacks 2 keep our passion safe & Happy

Learning Stall Turns
                Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                学习神龙摆尾
                美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

Yeah. Basically one Assan 2.4, mine was Spektrum DX6i w/ ar6100 and Radioman had his DX7 with either AR6100 or AR7000. In all cases, it wasn't an issue of range. It was a rx lockout i think. All of these interference only happened within a time frame of half to 1 hour. Before and after that time, everything was fine.

In my case, I was spooling up only and before it could get to speed, the heli suddenly powered down. I tried to push up my throttle stick but to no avail. Luckily it hadn't taken off yet.
                  When i looked at my receiver, it was blinking, meaning there was a disconnection with the transmitter.

As for Radio man, he was doing his usual super low and near flying. No more than 5 or 10 meters range. His heli also suddenly powered down and just landed on its own.

Our friend Eric was less fortunate. His heli was being test hovered by PhantomGT and his heli was like 3 or 4 storeys height up in the air. Suddenly PhantomGT said he has lost control. And the heli was flying on its own away from us. Luckily it didn't go far before it headed downwards and crashed.

We were all guessing what were the possible causes, so here they are...

1) Someone got 2.4ghz 'frequency' jammer and was messing with us haha.
                  2) Some experimental military/defence equipment was turned on, causing the interference.
                  3) Wireless @ Singnet got some kinda upgrade and got something to do with it haha.
                  4) Lighting in the sky not far from us causes interference?

Comment

I can only think of one possible thing if there was no external interference at that time, that is there was a jamming occurred between Assan 2.4 system and the Spektrum. But of course the Assan lost the battle because it lost all controls while the Spektrum were still have some control except for the throttle channel... More testing have to be done to confirm this, will update here if I find out anything..
                    POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!!!

Comment

so is anyone flying today??
                      Weather look good
                      Trex-450
                      Futaba GY401/S9257
                      Futaba 6ex 2.4G

Comment

Could it be there are many HDB flats nearby with many using 2.4ghz wireless modems?

Comment

yeah 2.4G wireless router?

Originally posted by Ken4 View Post
                          Could it be there are many HDB flats nearby with many using 2.4ghz wireless modems?
                          1. Yeap most new wireless routers r 2.4Gs

Learning Stall Turns
                          Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                          学习神龙摆尾
                          美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

I think PhantomGT's suggestion is most probably the reason for the interference. Because the problem only occured when both Assan as well as Spektrum TXs were on at the same time.

PhantomGT will do more tests to confirm this.

Meanwhile, those using Assan 2.4Ghz tx/rx should be careful while a Spektrum tx is switched on and vice versa.

Comment

Confirm its an interference, Spectrum DSM2 also kena at punggol, two helis auto throttle down. So 2.4 Ghz not so foolproof after all. Nothing is perfect just minimizes interference.

Luckily no one flying turbine jet and ....... lost control......
                              Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

Comment

Working...
                              X