Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public transport?

Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone who is flying a nitro heli takes public transport to flying sites regularly? Getting a nitro soon and is thinking of ways to transport the stuff

i take public transport with my raptor 30. can be a pain in the ass but its a sacrifice to make to go fly. i can't afford cab fares. i've managed to pack everything i need to fly into one bag. contains

toolbox
    tx box with glowstarter
    electric starter with onboard batts
    1/2 gallon of fuel

in other hand, raptor 30.
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Hey Brandon Chng

What bag are u using? I'm looking for a box or a carrier to transport my Dragonfly. I wanted to use Toolbox but can't find toolbox that is longer than my heli head till tail lenght.

Super-Hornet

Comment

i'm using a large camping sling bag to carry my stuff. not sure bout dragonfly. last time i just put my dragonfly in a paper bag with my tx and a little CA and just go fly can liaoz
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Jethobby sells those cool aluminium case that fit perfectly for FEDA ...... $48.

Coming to the carrying of 30size heli... I really kudo to you guys, hard to visualise carrying one big back. ..... But come again, I do that for my first .25 size plane. Put in a big duffel bag, walk for 1 km to reach destination. Start engine, throttle, plane take off and crash!

Mike

Comment

Mike just thinking: After crash even worse you have to carry the wreck, and walk the same 1km home ? that's painful !

hey hornet i was thinking it was possible to make a corrugated plastic case for microheli. You could even get a lot of excercise mats cut them up and make a cool custom padding thing.
            use tranparent sheeting and it'll look pretty funky and space age

Comment

Ok... I tried to look for more practical casing. The Jet Hobby casing I think I can't put in my DFly.... too short.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                Jethobby sells those cool aluminium case that fit perfectly for FEDA ...... $48.

Coming to the carrying of 30size heli... I really kudo to you guys, hard to visualise carrying one big back. ..... But come again, I do that for my first .25 size plane. Put in a big duffel bag, walk for 1 km to reach destination. Start engine, throttle, plane take off and crash!

Mike
                Mike... back in my school days... I carried my .29 high wing plane, took 3 different buses to reach an airfield to fly (1.5 hour journey), each weekend. Had a bag containing a lead-acid, and 1 L of glow fuel, plus simple field equipment.
                huh

Comment

Working...
                X