Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyro, servo or belt problem? (Belt cp) help needed

Hi all,

I'm new to this hobby and belt cp is my 1st heli.

Recently I have encountered 1 problem whereby the gyro will switch off in the middle of the flight.

There can be a few scenarios.
    1. Gyro lights goes off, tail holds as per usual.
    2. Gyro lights blinks when flying, tail goes haywire, mad spinning.
    3. Gyro lights goes off, unable to control tail.

Anyone has any idea which part should I replace? and what would be the best parts to change it to. preferably lower budget stuff

Thanks in advance

dude, much easier to answer if u say what gyro, what tail servo, what TX..

if u just say servo go on and off like that we also cant help u without basic setup info woh....

are u on stock RTF belt CP setup using the esky gyro??

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Opps my fault, cos i actually posted in another forum as well but i remove my 1st line, stating its all on stock =x

forgot to add back in here.

Yes its on the esky gyro, non-hh
      and the stock servo is digital as from what i read on the servo.

I was at 1st thinking of getting gy240 if the gyro is spoilt, but found out that gy240 is only for analog servo?

Than i looked at GY401, but found that I need a programmable transmitter, where I have a stock transmitter that is not programmable.

Comment

Originally posted by landguy View Post
        Opps my fault, cos i actually posted in another forum as well but i remove my 1st line, stating its all on stock =x

forgot to add back in here.

Yes its on the esky gyro, non-hh
        and the stock servo is digital as from what i read on the servo.

I was at 1st thinking of getting gy240 if the gyro is spoilt, but found out that gy240 is only for analog servo?

Than i looked at GY401, but found that I need a programmable transmitter, where I have a stock transmitter that is not programmable.

Get a Telebee Head Hold gyro then, it can set gain on the tyro itself and it support both analog and digital servos too..
        POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!!!

Comment

Not quite true...it will work ( even with the remote gain cable not connected)
          Of course you wont get the full functionality of the 401 but it would serve your current purpose and if you decide to upgrade your TX later then you'd have a gyro you could fully control

Good luck

Comment

With regard to the original problem.
            The first thing i'd check would be wiring. Especially if you've had a few crashes. I remember a long time ago having similar problems on a piccolo using seperates. Even the slightest dink in the signal wire can cause internal damage to the cable that may cause irractic signal issues.

Worth checking anyway

Good luck

Comment

Think I gotta check my wiring, gyro if its loose when i get home than. Hopefully can solve it.

If not I'll try maybe a GY401 or GY240.

I just ordered a towerpro sg90 servo in case i need an replacement servo.

For GY401 so I'll be able to use it with my stock transmitter as well?

Regarding telebee... I've been looking at it as well but cant find it locally...

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new to this hobby and belt cp is my 1st heli.

Recently I have encountered 1 problem whereby the gyro will switch off in the middle of the flight.

There can be a few scenarios.
                1. Gyro lights goes off, tail holds as per usual.
                2. Gyro lights blinks when flying, tail goes haywire, mad spinning.
                3. Gyro lights goes off, unable to control tail.

Anyone has any idea which part should I replace? and what would be the best parts to change it to. preferably lower budget stuff

Thanks in advance
                Maybe u can try taking out all the connectors & at the same time, u can inspect the wiring n connectors for faults, then connect them back, n test flight it before u buy any new electronics

Comment

landguy,

dun waste time with telebee gyro and the likes.

i learnt this the long+expensive way. i got a old JR gyro (410T) thinking can save money, it was crap, i got another align (old) gyro.. it was crap, Esky HH gyro.. u guessed it.. it was crap...

if u count the money spent... might as well just get a 401 straight away.

good gyros can go a long way.

GY401, JR770, Align750 are "mid" ranged gyros good enough for 3D on large helis even and they are not THAT much more expensive than the cheapo peizo gyros. srsly, these are good enough for most of us.

one step up and u shd find Spartan, Solid G, logitech 6100, Futaba GY601 etc. they cost about 50-100% more than the mid end. these are the gyros u see the szabo, rivas etc use.

if u really need to change ur gyro cause it is faulty, dun skimp.

but if u can get it to work, wait till u crash and kill it then upgrade.

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Just opened up my gyro and check for the connections, solders all in place, connection from gyro to esc also seem fine.. same goes to rx.

But am unable to test flight now as I have a bent feathering shaft during my last flight when the gyro glitch in mid air

I'll try to look for a 2nd hand gy401 most likely than.

But can i pair it with tower pro sg90? Cos I already ordered it..

Comment

Just opened up my gyro and check for the connections, solders all in place, connection from gyro to esc also seem fine.. same goes to rx.
                      You mean servo right ?????

Did you check the tail servo a well ???

Comment

opps yes servo not esc =x hahaha my mistake.

Yeah i check the tail servo as well already.

And today my 1st time checking all those stuff so I just leveled my swashplate as well already since I'm doing the checking

Comment

Working...
                        X