Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex250 2bladed Flybarless using SK-360

I just converted my TRex250 flybarred to flybarless. My TRex250 is the only heli that I have that still in flybarred configuration. Now, it is in flybarless.

I'm using Skookum SK-360 as the flybarless avionics. The swash plate follower/driver is made from recycle back the original mixer from TRex250. I flip the linkage over (outside face in) because if I use normal configuration, the linkages actually hit the set screw for the hub to main shaft, when in full pitch.

The swash plate follower is lock by a shaft collar. I do not have 3.5mm collar so I just drill a bigger hole onto my spare collar instead. The collar also has 2 groove on it in order for the main hub guide pins to slide over.

I also choose trailing edge controlling because by doing so, to have +ve pitch, the swash plate is going downward. It has more room than going up.

The SK-360 is NOT permanently mounted in this heli.
    Notice that the SK-360 is mounted on a detachable Hard Velcro type of lock. That mean, if I want to fly my other heli (flybarless or multibladed), I just detach it and place it in other heli (which also has hard velcro) and transfer/program that heli's configuration into it. I even DIY my own servo wires using computer "Ribbon" cable for this heli so that I do not have to detach the servo cable from RX to the SK-360. Call me cheap, but that is my initial design that I have in mine for quite some time already. I always thinking of creating a module in such a way u can unplug it and plug it into another heli.

So far all testing are done in living room. Initial stage so far is it is stable and should be flyable, but compare to stock flybarred, stock flybarred feels more stable that this configuration. That mean in order for me to make it eve more stable than flybarred, I need further tweaking on the the SK-360 or do something on the linkages (like some reduction mixer) or/and using more stiffer damper on the spindle shaft.

Another thing I feel that the RPM somehow become a bit higher than previous configuration. Maybe due to loose all those parasitic drags from the paddles.

"Now u see it (flybar), Now u don't" or "Look ma... no flybar!"

EDIT: Oh.. the linkage from swash plate to blade grip is from Mini-Titan. I just use the rod only. The round thingly linkage is from TRex250.

SH

Good Luck

Good Luck to you...I tried and didn;t like it with Gyrobot and sold it.

Jonathan

Comment

U gave up on TRex250 already? Too bad.

Anyway, today I modify my TRex250 flybarless and this is what I change:
      - Remove away the guide pins on the hub.
      - Drill 2 holes and tap/track it with 1.5mm screw thread.
      - Manage to get set screw for 1.5mm from "Adjuster Stopper, SS size"
      - Added the original/stock mixer of TRex250 into so now it is 2 to 1 mixer to the blade grips.
      - Because of the mixer, I can use leading edge controlling while still maintain swash plate moving down => +ve pitch.

By doing the above changes, and some minor tweaking in SK-360 settings for the above mechanical changes, I manage to get stability just like flybarred with weight like what I did when it is in flybarred configuration

So far I am satisfy with this configuration but I have yet test it outdoor so not sure how it fly in outdoor.

SH

Comment

This is the current SK-360 configuration for the above settings. It is not finalize yet but so far it give me quite good stability on it.

Notice I use external potential pot setting for bell and hiller? My setting right now is that Bell = 100% and Hiller is around maybe 60%

SH

Comment

Working...
        X