Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep my full metal Mini Titan or get Beam E4?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently flying the Mini Titan with full metal head and tail.
    I'm thinking of replacing my 450 size heli with a new one.
    Is the Beam E4 still the best choice?

I'm hoping to hear from those neutral parties that have flown a few different brands. Sponsored flyers and sellers please refrain from contributing.

What is good about the Beam E4 and what is not so good?
    Have initial 'problems' like tolerance issues been addressed and removed by manufacturer? Anyone know?

If you think it's wiser not to say here, PM me also can. Thanks.

Comment

Personally I would prefer the Mini Titan. Spares are more easily available. LHS like Rotor is well supplied and it's not in city area, easily reachable by MRT without going too far, if you stay in northeast.
      Flying characteristic, from the people I've seen fly living daylights of out both, they can all fly superbly well, limit is on the flyer.

Comment

The ball links on Mini Titan are softer and gives way in a crash. Compared to those on Beam, I am very certain you will strip lesser cyclic gears on Mini Titan.
        I used to run 3 MGs and only have not stripped or burnt out any motor, my crash record is fantastically high...

Comment

beam flyer here ... well , its generally been a fun time with the beam just that there ARE a couple of issues:

Quality of parts , sometimes the main mast bends on spool up ! and there goes your flying for the entire day , this happend like 3-4 times already

screw up the build and youre expected to pay 40+ dollars for the part minimum...

and i find mini-titan easier to see in flight , cause if you compare side by side the two helis ( which i did on countless occasions ) mini titan is definately bigger .

from what i noticed as well , theres very little space to put stuff on the beam ... my layout is like 55A on the side , IR receiver and Ext-BEC strapped under the battery try and its freggin tight But the mini titan has a larger body frame as compared to the beam. Also , the ventilation of the fuse of the mini-titan is made in such a way that the stuff placed inside the canopy can be cooled , whereas the canopy of the beam is 1 piece ~ in a crash , this painted canopy ( 55 dollars ) breaks very easily as compared to mini-titans canopy which is around... 25 dollars for a painted canopy at RCE?

but a mini-titan full metal = beam - CF frame ... all you have to do is buy a CF frame from RCE and you got yourself a beam! And yes ... parts avilability , mini-titan definatelly owns beam as almost all shops in FH, RCE, RTR theres always stock

Comment

the beam is a very nimble heli... if you want fast and nimble go for it...

my set-up:
            scorpion motor 2221-8 with 13T pinion and a jeti spin 44 (pitch + - 12)
            cyclic HS 65HB
            Tail GY401 + 9257
            duasky batt 3S 2200 (gives me about 6min+ of flight time.. (fig 8, a few flip and roll kind of flying)

had to dial in about 25 expo.. if not...

but i really enjoy flying this.... keep you on your toes...

cheers
            quest
            Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
            Avant Aurora (E1)
            Avant Aurora (E2)
            Mcp X
            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
            JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
            will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Compare the cyclic servos positions, it is harder to change the gears for Beam but easier for Mini Titan.
              Why I know? I have a CopterX SEv2 and the positions are quite similiar to those of Beam and exact of Trex450 SEv2.
              It can be a freaking PITA to change those stripped gears.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                Heard from Ken that RCS is offering a discount on the Beam E4.. can't rmb the exact price but i think it's abt $100 less..

Comment

Question regarding extra 330 in general

Hmm ok... starting to change my mind about getting a different heli.
                  Guess it was a moment of weakness that i had last nite and earlier today...

I think the reason why I was thinking of changing heli in the first place is because of the 'mysterious' crashes I've been experiencing.

Now that my mind is clearer, the reason that some people have told me is mostly ball links popping out in flight. This is probably caused either by worn ball links, slightly bent metal parts on the heli, not so smooth bearings in the mixing levers/other rotor head parts, as well as possibily stripped metal gears in the servo.

Any extra tips/mods to get the Mini Titan performing better or longer?
                  I average 3 flying sessions per week. And I have 4 to 6 flights every session.

Ok! Another decision made. Will not buy new heli. Will try harder to get my heli mechanically fault-free.

Thank you all very much for sharing so honestly with me. You have saved me a bunch of money. Kopi on me next time i see any of you.

Comment

Yup, Beam E4 has price cut:

Comment

With the recession going on, I'm certain prices will drop further.
                      Not trying to frighten anyone, but just within 2 weeks I know of 3 flyers who may face the axe from their company. No joke.
                      I guess its time to really watch how we spend .....

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                        Now that my mind is clearer, the reason that some people have told me is mostly ball links popping out in flight. This is probably caused either by worn ball links, slightly bent metal parts on the heli, not so smooth bearings in the mixing levers/other rotor head parts, as well as possibily stripped metal gears in the servo.
                        so far striped servos, popped links, blades separated etc² werent the most expensive crash i eva encountered. i wouldnt expected my worst crash would b from a flew off canopy during inverted. belt split, boom breaks from the clamp, bottom carbon frame cracked, carbon batt mount split + many more. and yes thats a beam e4
                        Current Blink²:
                        Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                        Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
                        Belt-CP
                        Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                        Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
                          the beam is a very nimble heli... if you want fast and nimble go for it...

my set-up:
                          scorpion motor 2221-8 with 13T pinion and a jeti spin 44 (pitch + - 12)
                          cyclic HS 65HB
                          Tail GY401 + 9257
                          duasky batt 3S 2200 (gives me about 6min+ of flight time.. (fig 8, a few flip and roll kind of flying)

had to dial in about 25 expo.. if not...

but i really enjoy flying this.... keep you on your toes...

cheers
                          quest
                          hi broe, saw ur setup at 12 +/-. i had mine at 11 n it still bogs on a new 30c 2200mah during hard tictocks till tail give way. ouh its on -8 13t 55a. i had to reduce to 10 +/-. care to share how u made it bogless? ur cyclic pitch?
                          Current Blink²:
                          Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                          Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
                          Belt-CP
                          Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                          Nate Waddoups

Comment

Seems like mini titan is a good choice for day to day flights.
                            Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
                            JR Vibe 50: 01
                            Trex600N Pro: 01
                            Kasama Srimok 90: 01
                            TT Raptor 50: 10
                            TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
                            MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78 View Post
                              so far striped servos, popped links, blades separated etc² werent the most expensive crash i eva encountered. i wouldnt expected my worst crash would b from a flew off canopy during inverted. belt split, boom breaks from the clamp, bottom carbon frame cracked, carbon batt mount split + many more. and yes thats a beam e4
                              That was an expensive crash How did the canopy flew off, was it already in not good condition?

Comment

Working...
                              X