Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP needed - To fly heli with banner

hi all....

am planning to propose to my girlfriend, with a surprise helicopter flying with a mini bannner. Tentative date: 18 Jan, around 7pm.

Wondering anyone could help me out on this? The token fees for this can be further discuss.

I can be contacted at rae_design@yahoo.com.sg or 97359334 Rae Ng

Rae

Anymore info???

Banner size?

Duration?

Location?

EP or Nitro heli?

Banner weight?

Time?

Comment

Banner size: approx abt 2m x .75m. I have yet to print. Will need to seek advise from you all on how big the banner is appropraite.

Date: 18 Jan 2008 (Sun)
      Time: Around 7pm.. To fly for around 5min to 10min..
      Venue: Marina Square area, to hover around the window of ritz carlton.

Comment

You gonna fly it or somebody else fly for you?
        If you the flyer, when she jumps at you to hug you, will you crash?

Comment

oops, read carefully liao. He wants to hire a flyer and heli from here. Heheh.

Comment

big banner sia. muz nitro heli liao.
            sigpic

Helis:
            Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
            Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
            Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
            Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
            Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

Hmm...
              Marina Square area, to hover around the window of ritz carlton.
              I not sure whether allowed to fly there or not. Might get into trouble.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by rongrae View Post
                Banner size: approx abt 2m x .75m. I have yet to print. Will need to seek advise from you all on how big the banner is appropraite.

How high is your hotel room?

Comment

Originally posted by rongrae View Post

Hi,

I tink u need to visit the various flying site or club and look at R/C helis. At least a 50size heli would suit ur needs.

And u would require permission from the hotel and CAAS to allow a R/C heli in the air in that area.

The heli also needs to be outfitted with some navigational lights being the timing in the dusk.

I would wish to help but definately not at that location. Why not just bring her to Bishan Junction 8 and look at the flying field there? We fly there every sunday morning 9am till 12noon.

Its safer and better for the pilot as the field is large enough for emergencies.

Comment

When he mentioned Ritz Carlton, I had a scene from Matrix in mind, where the heli smashes into the building and the building surface 'warped' from the impact(because it's virtual) before the glass shatters.

Comment

i think you'd have to get a 90 size ... guys its 2X.75m ... 90 size is what 1.5m long ?

also prepare to pay the fine

Comment

I think it will be hard lah.. Heli flying at Marina area?? Guess you may need something big enough to challenge the wind condition as well as a big enough banner for your other half to see through the window??.. and between 5 to 10 min flight?? Wah.. This one will need huge Lipo packs or Nitro which will be a sure NO at Ritz..

Dude.. I think it will be easier if you can change your venue.. Boat quay etc, Bring her to a nice outdoor restaurant.. Then get a 450 sizer EP with night blades and such.. and these places are usually more forgiving to such request..

Comment

I think it will be hard lah.. Heli flying at Marina area?? Guess you may need something big enough to challenge the wind condition as well as a big enough banner for your other half to see through the window??.. and between 5 to 10 min flight?? Wah.. This one will need huge Lipo packs or Nitro which will be a sure NO at Ritz..

Dude.. I think it will be easier if you can change your venue.. Boat quay etc, Bring her to a nice outdoor restaurant.. Then get a 450 sizer EP with night blades and such.. and these places are usually more forgiving to such request..
                          yea ... hes right ... nitro is a nono cause its really noisy ... big EP ... expensive and cant last 5-10mins of flight . try changing location as said by tucfaz , easier for your pocket and the flier's flying.

Good luck!~

Comment

Hi Tucfaz,

My eRaptor can fly for 14mins on my TP 8S 5000mah pack. Normal flight time is 10mins and I will land.

Comment

another technical difficulty flying around tall buildings is updraft.

there are fast swirling winds that exist around tall buildings at all time even though we dont see it.

huge banner + huge heli + huge winds = huge disaster.

not to be a damper or anything but safety is priority in our hobby.

sorry if some of the realities presented here might be a damper to your plans.

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Working...
                              X