Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pretty 400/480 belt driven heli

Anyone seen this ? i came across this on the rcgroups forum.

Looks like a fantastic cross between the zoom 400s size and the eco 8s mechanics.

Looks great, apparently works on even an odd pack like a 6 cell RC3000H.And looks much more solid than a zoom 400.

The 890mm pictured is listed at about 408 SGD without motor systems or blades. Seems like a better buy compared to the zoom and less fussy than the zoom about power setups seeing that 6 rc3000h flies it for ten mins.

http://www.gensmantel-heli.de/www/fr...en/eindex.html

Sad to say we dun have much of these good heli support locally. now, we dun even have it for the zoom400. would love to fly electric but seems like lacking in support. only model with parts are the dragonfly/hummingbird and the hornet

Comment

Hey Ammo that's true there's no local parts support. But all that really does is mean it's not cheap and convnenient to crash, which rules it out as a trainer/first heli, which is not the point anyway.

Same goes for the eco, logo, pic pro and so far, the zoom 400 too.
      Not saying it's OK to not have local support but perhaps it's not that bad a thing.

In comparison to the zoom this does look much more solid , well made and less likely to need a constant supply of more flimsy looking plastic pieces, and seems to me to be better value.

Like you said, too bad we got no local support. Point is perhaps it's worth the inconvenience....and compared to other higher perfomance helis that are also not supported locally, might be a pretty good buy.

Comment

Yup,
        i agree that this is a good quality heli and good value for the price. with the flexbility of the power system, it only adds to the appeal
        are you planning to get one? if there is interest, maybe we can work something out locally. the problem with parts support is that i do not have a credit card and it'll be very hard for me to keep waiting for others to order so that i can piggyback orders.

Comment

and not to mention that belt driven will mean that all the gear stripping problems of the hornet and zoom will be replaced(hopefully less frequent one).
          there's just something with me that can't stand 2 motors in 1 heli!

Comment

hahaha yeah same here ! i mean two motors is fine with me with the Feda and all that , but if we're talking buying a more expensive helicopter going to do aerobatics....i cant stand the idea of having to replace 2 motors for one heli especially when using 3cell pack, brushelss motors etc.

Hmmm it's very tempting.It's an ideal size for what i'm looking for, local parts support isnt much of an issue as i'll be leaving here in a 3 months or so, price is not TOO bad....still bad...

Only thing is it seems to be a relatively unknown/untried heli.
            It looks good looks solid looks strong but that's only how it looks.

Comment

hahaha yeah same here ! i mean two motors is fine with me with the Feda and all that , but if we're talking buying a more expensive helicopter going to do aerobatics....i cant stand the idea of having to replace 2 motors for one heli especially when using 3cell pack, brushelss motors etc.

Hmmm it's very tempting.It's an ideal size for what i'm looking for, local parts support isnt much of an issue as i'll be leaving here in a 3 months or so, price is not TOO bad....still bad...

Only thing is it seems to be a relatively unknown/untried heli.
              It looks good looks solid looks strong but that's only how it looks.

Comment

Working...
              X