Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Large Size Electric Heli

Guys, take a look at Century's new large size electric heli!

"The ground is my best teacher but not exactly my favourite"

Thats pretty nice
    TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
    Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
    Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
    Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

3.4lbs when fully up?!?!? That's like 1.5kg..

It will cost alot to get a big brushless to fly this baby!!
      Like that might as well go R60 liao ah..
      Even the cost of a lipo pack to run it will be astronomical..

Comment

This heli is slightly longer than the TRex, but its rotor is shorter. Kinda strange. But I think the TRex 450 XL is quite comparable to it in terms of length.

Comment

Originally posted by piccolo
          This heli is slightly longer than the TRex, but its rotor is shorter. Kinda strange. But I think the TRex 450 XL is quite comparable to it in terms of length.
          But they stated 105cm for the length is pretty long and the rotor blade of 55cm compare to 32cm of the Trex is a big diff

Yeah unless someone can come out w a big electric heli running w a cheap brushless, else I would rather settle for a NItro Trex

Price, size and degree of messy ..... always comes into consideration

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by piccolo

'Slightly' is an understatement.....

550mm blades is 30size
            21cm tail rotor diameter is Raptor30v1 size.
            104cm is Raptor 30 size....

1.5kg all up weight is considered light!
            My VE with NiMH packs is 1.8kg...and my balls always drop when I tried to loop it because it plunges too fast due to the weight.

You'd be looking at 70amps ESC & at least a Hacker C50 or even bigger, running 4s4p for this size...to be able to 3D!
            [SIZE="1"]
            [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
            Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Oops, sorry, didn't see properly.

Comment

Sigh.... the power system is always a headache for big heli ....really wish someone can mass produce big brushless below $100 price range for "30/50 size" electric heli Else if a Nitro Trex comes out, I will seriously consider jumping ship

Mike

Comment

Well, in my point of view, a 30size is too big to lug around to the field for a quickie.....and u also need a larger field to fly.....so if you're to look for something convenient, mid sized ehelis would just be nice...

But if you're to get a big heli and have fun at the field, i think I'd still stick to a 30size nitro...I cannot imagine myself lugging a 30size equiv. of a electric heli, go all the way to the field and play for 15-20mins, and pack up...
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

I think it's a Logo 10 made cheaper... They targeting Logo 10 market.... Century upper echelons really know what they are doing....

Comment

Actually, I think they're smart to target this market coz the parts would most probably be interchangable with the 30size helis....U can buy 30size blades, boom, etc... which will be cheap and easily available.
                      [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Only 3D and power crazy people requires big bl motors.
                        That bird can fly with 600w motor. Its up to u to configure to suit your pocket and flying style.

Comment

James is right on the money with that....

For example: Jr VE with Mega 16/15/3
                          Trex with AXI2208/20
                          etc... etc.. etc....

I still prefer one size down....

Eh like this size of heli, how many nicad cells do we need to fly this baby ?

Comment

at least 10cells or 12 cells, or maybe up to 14cells depending on which motor u use.....my 8cell pack already weighing 500grams....

My previous Eco8 was using 10cells and I find it struggling with a cheaper GS motor.

Actually, playing with big ehelis is not so much about the one time investment...if u can get the config right the 1st time, it's be sweet, but if you get a eheli that is not tested and proven, then u'd be wasting lots of money trying to match motors, pinion & cell counts to make it fly well.....and if u buy a wrong motor the 1st time.....that's it....$$$ gone!
                            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

to spin 550mm blades, you probably need 18-20cell for decent power...or maybe 5s4p or even 2x 3s4p...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X