Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaui 550 or TT E550

Hello guys..

Any of you guys like to share any experiences between the two? It will be great if someone actually own both of them... I am interested to get one of these but gotta weigh the differences, pro and cons as well... like costs of parts, etc etc...

Thanks...

Cheers
    Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
    YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
    Align DS610 for cyclics
    JR770T + JR8900G
    JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
    Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
    MKS9660 for cyclics
    Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
    JR DSX9

I have two TT 550 heli.

Get the TT550, more upgrade options and blings.

Comment

I know 2 guys who flies Guai550 and they are having Gears stripping issues.
      However there is one 5yrs old + chap who flies them damn well

Do not know of anyone flying Eraptor though. I think Adrianli flies one?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
        I know 2 guys who flies Guai550 and they are having Gears stripping issues.
        However there is one 5yrs old + chap who flies them damn well

Do not know of anyone flying Eraptor though. I think Adrianli flies one?
        Adrianli flies two of them, not one.

Genexis also have two of them.

Noob has one

Ong has one

Frank has one

SBB has one

Thatz all of the guys I know flies the TT550.

Comment

One here :

And one here :

Comment

haha....I flew both before.......

depends on how you want to fly them...... i vote for Hurricane 550.....I never have any issue with the gears after they came out with stronger gears....
            After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

...maybe u can consider Protos...... or even Trex 600E..... I personally think these 2 are better......
              After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Thank you guys for your comments.. For my flying style, I am thinking of going scale for it.. Reason why I am considering the gaui 550 was because I read that I can actually use my existing batts ( 2x2200mah 25C Kong Power) to power it as it is lighter than the E550.

As I also have a mini titan, proto seems like slightly bigger than the titan, and I am not sure if there are many scale fuselage for that size. The trex600 is expensive man....

So there you go, now you guys know my dilemna...

Hiazzz

Feel free to drop in more comments..

Cheers
                Align DS610 for cyclics
                JR770T + JR8900G
                JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
                MKS9660 for cyclics
                JR DSX9

Comment

Before u choose which one. First think of what scale fuselage u intend to go with. Most scale helicopter are either in high boom (e.g MD500, A109, Jet Ranger) or low boom (Apache, Cobra, Huey).

I not sure about Hurricane...but I think it is a mid boom design. That mean, if u were to get Hurricane and put it in a High Boom fuselage, u required to lift up the heli in order for the tail boom to go through. Remember if u lift he heli too high, u have to worry about the top part of the heli also. For low boom...hmm.

SH

Comment

Go for TT-E550, mostlikely will require to covert to e620 length for scale. You can still remain the power plant fo e550. Hurricane 550 may have problem to get scale body to fit due to the motor position.

Comment

Originally posted by wangzx View Post
                      Go for TT-E550, mostlikely will require to covert to e620 length for scale. You can still remain the power plant fo e550. Hurricane 550 may have problem to get scale body to fit due to the motor position.

I tink both of us know of someone trying to fit a Gaui550 in a funkey body but failed.

Better not laugh too loud.

Comment

I have a Guai 550 fit into a bell. I like it as it can use my existing 3S lipos.. and of course, you have to do some modication to lift up the body plus some alteration to the fuselage. beware of the motor might touch the top of the fuselage.

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea which fuselage I will be going for, though I like the airwolf fuselage and the apache fuselage.. Have not gone into the details of the fuselages and the installation..

As I am not very good with all this stuff, is that a fuselage that is something like "plug & play" without much modifications?? If there is, which heli will be a better option?

I have known of the E550 being the most popular among heli flyers, the reason I was looking at the gaui 550 will mainly due to being able to use the existing batts that I am using for my E325..

Thank you guys for the new info that I had learnt, good to learn new stuff as I go deeper and deeper into this hobby.. Please keep the comments coming..!

Cheers
                          Align DS610 for cyclics
                          JR770T + JR8900G
                          JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
                          MKS9660 for cyclics
                          JR DSX9

Comment

but mine is custom built :P

build log: http://simplewords.genexis.net/?page_id=636

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                            Adrianli flies two of them, not one.

Genexis also have two of them.

Noob has one

Ong has one

Frank has one

SBB has one

Thatz all of the guys I know flies the TT550.

Comment

Scale for Protos

chasers,

The most exciting Heli in my view is 500 size as it is a good balance between size and cost. Take example you can fly a 500 size heli with an ALign 6S lipo 2600mah at $165 per pack.

And Protos is a power to weight performance heli....

And more important, two scales (Airwolf and MD500) is out in the market that you can get for 500 size heli now and it work with Protos.

Check mine Protos with Airwolf - tons of Power even with 600g scale body.

you can get them from :
                              Airwolf

Huges 500

regards,
                              Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X