Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS: ATG Gov LED is alwasy RED?

Hi all:

While setting the ATG with the G-View, the LED is always displaying RED. Is this a problem? Even when I done with the setting the RED LED is on when I powered up my TX.

Any ideas?
    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
    JR Vibe 50: 01
    Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Try to reset the low and high throttle?
    Make sure magnet is not at sensor when you look?

Comment

Ok managed to set it. But now a new problem. The sensor does not seems to read. ie the LED now is not showing red when the magnet is over it. I got the polarity right.

Any idea?
      Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

I followed Finless's video from Helifreak. It states that the senor has 2 sides one with wordings and the other without.
        The words should face the magnet, but I don't know if it will make a difference.

OT abit, I just running in my engine with ATG. It seems that after 1/2 stick, the RPM suddenly goes up. I suspect the ATG suddenly kicks in, same as when I throttle down from halfstick, RPM drops drastically. My curve at 0-40-80.
        I will be trying out on Normal instead of Active. Wonder if this is the reason CKS goes on Normal.

Comment

HDB is your ATG showing RED led when the magnet is aligned wit the sensor? Mine is not showing red.

Maybe the sensor is wrong. where did you find the Finless links? can post the link?

Cheers.
          Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Yes mine is showing Red solid when magnet aligned. Else it is at flashing RED/GREEN or solid GREEN when I push stick up.
            OK here is where the Trex600 Nitro Pro vids will be. I know Mercuriell did some segments on this heli to cover areas of the Trex that were different

Info you need should be in Step 6/7

Comment

Pls update us.
              Anyway, your 700 looks cool. Gave my eyes good food just looking at your heli.

Comment

TmMugen, is your high and low throttle set? Check on the G-view to confirm. There was one time I pressed the wrong button on the ATG and the thing reset the high throttle to the current stick position(which was the lowest throttle point) and then I got the red led all the way until I reset the high and low. I remember on mine, the H and L buttons still work for setting the high and low throttle even with the G-view plugged in. That means the G-view is showing the welcome screen(the screen you get before you press and hold the third button 6seconds), but I still could set the H and L position as if I am programming w/o the G-view.

As for the magnet/red led blink, I think I only got it at LOWEST throttle point. Are you at the lowest point on the tx?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
                  I followed Finless's video from Helifreak. It states that the senor has 2 sides one with wordings and the other without.
                  The words should face the magnet, but I don't know if it will make a difference.

OT abit, I just running in my engine with ATG. It seems that after 1/2 stick, the RPM suddenly goes up. I suspect the ATG suddenly kicks in, same as when I throttle down from halfstick, RPM drops drastically. My curve at 0-40-80.
                  I will be trying out on Normal instead of Active. Wonder if this is the reason CKS goes on Normal.
                  Try this to see if you atg has kick in. Set lowest/second lowest point(of any idle up mode) to -1degree pitch and around 30% throttle for both the lowest and 1/4stick position. Fly the heli, engage the governor, land and put throttle stick to 1/8 position. If rpm drops a lot, governor is not working. If rpm maintain, governor is working.

I haven't purposely tried it on the atg, but it should work for the atg also because my hover flight mode 2nd and mid point throttle quite a bit off but I don't loose headspeed even when I drop the stick for desend.

Also, I don't think throttle curves are usually linear. Its usually quite sensitive to changes at around 60% mark and less sensitive at low and high throttle.

sigpic

Comment

Hi baby_zyklon:

I do not understand what you mean. I am using 9x2 and had the gov manual in the tx. I suspect the sensor could be died.

By the way, when you guy mentioned lowest throttle point. is it with the trim at the lowest as well during the setting? But in this case this means I have to up the trim after the setting to prevent the engine from dying?

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                    Try this to see if you atg has kick in. Set lowest/second lowest point(of any idle up mode) to -1degree pitch and around 30% throttle for both the lowest and 1/4stick position. Fly the heli, engage the governor, land and put throttle stick to 1/8 position. If rpm drops a lot, governor is not working. If rpm maintain, governor is working.

I haven't purposely tried it on the atg, but it should work for the atg also because my hover flight mode 2nd and mid point throttle quite a bit off but I don't loose headspeed even when I drop the stick for desend.

Also, I don't think throttle curves are usually linear. Its usually quite sensitive to changes at around 60% mark and less sensitive at low and high throttle.
                    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
                      Hi baby_zyklon:

I do not understand what you mean. I am using 9x2 and had the gov manual in the tx. I suspect the sensor could be died.

By the way, when you guy mentioned lowest throttle point. is it with the trim at the lowest as well during the setting? But in this case this means I have to up the trim after the setting to prevent the engine from dying?
                      erm...that reply you quoted was meant for HDB...

anyway ya. Its the lowest point you set on the atg, could be lowest trim or normal trim depending on what you set on your atg when you calibrated the lowest throttle point. You will only get the red sensor light when you throttle position on the tx is low enough.

Btw, are you setting up the atg on your 700N? Do remember that spinning the engine doesn't spin the magnets...I made that stupid mistake that day and thought my sensor spoil liao

Try this:
                      set atg to basic mode
                      reduce throttle to the lowest point you calibrated
                      spin the main gear by hand
                      If got red blinking led=ok,if not...might have to try another sensor.

sigpic

Comment

Setting ATG on my Vibe. I spin the clutch but no respones. when the magnet is align with the sensor it should by right show RED. right?
                        Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Yes, the LED should be solid RED.

Comment

HDB: I think I got a died sensor. Will update again when I got the new one.

Thanks all.
                            Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Thats sad. Few guys in Helifreak reported of a dead sensor. It is quite fragile, I was very very careful when bending the end.
                              My heart bleeds with your wallet
                              I think there are alternative sensors you can use, but GV1 is definitely not one of them.
                              You can check out Helifreak. If I remember correctly it is compartible with RevMax or MultiGov sensors.

Comment

Working...
                              X