Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex 450 with 3S 3300mah (BIG!)

hi bros

decided to try a 3300mah Hyperion pack on my 450 and it worked great!! 10mins flight time on idle up. put back ~2700mah in 65mins after the flight.

weight of pack is 260g, about 100g heavier than usual 3S packs but the extra flight time is worth it.

below are some pics of the mods i did to my trex to fit the batts, had to saw off the servo mount area and refit the servos with Mini-T holders. i think the servo mod is already familiar.

other catch is only can fit in Mini-T canopy cause the batt pack is too big.

i might pick up some 335mm blades to improve disc loading.

with some cheap sources of 3S high capacity cells, it would make more sense to go with high capacity packs

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

not bad for beginners looking for longer flight times /
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

great mod, how does it fly now?
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

wow tts really big must be damn heavy.

Comment

the cyclic reaction become slower?

Comment

Cool!!

Hope it serve u well, thanks.
            Spektrum DX7
            sigpic

Comment

Gentle FF and you wont feel the difference between normal and big packs... heavy punching up and down can feel the weight.. the tail will blow out if u jam down then up cause of bogging.

but i am running 11 tooth for about 2500 headspeed only. if i up to 13 teeth might see better results, but lower flight time of course.

still experimenting on best set up. this experimented revived my interest in 450 sized rocket helis!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

wow...

today was flying my 450 again and something went wrong with my motor.. i smell burning plastic after my flight and realised that my motor got so HOT that the pinion melted my main gear.. wtf.. happened with my normal flight set up .. 11 teeth only.. anyone had this happen before??? ESC nv thermal leh. just motor super hot.

sigh.. is it a sign to change new motor???? sibeh sian leh.. hopefully the scorpion V2 is better...

Comment

Checked the motor wires for exposed wires . I think two may have come into contact ?
                  Helis
                  Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

hmm i was thinking something is shorting also. took out the motor and there are a few broken wires in the coils.. probably something to do with it being so hot..

replacement time!

Comment

under warranty right?
                      For sale

Comment

huh?

got warranty one ah? how to go about to claim??

i just took out the motor, i think the main culprit is not wire shorting as the motor was able to run to full speed even after it melted my main gear...if really shorted it shd be like on fire already.

instead i think its blown bearing which cause the shaft to be slanted and cause it to bind and so the motor overworked..

in any case whichever the cause, is it under warranty? i do not have the orginal receipt liao leh... i got this motor from RCE hobby.

Comment

scorpions supposed to have 2 yrs warranty. however recently they amended it

Originally posted by http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/
                          New Policy concerning Warranty Coverage on Scorpion motors

All Scorpion motors come with a 2-Year warranty that covers defects in materials or workmanship, and this has not changed. The warranty change concerns the motor bearings, and is effective June 30, 2008. The Scorpion Company has no control over how the motors will be used in a model, and this is especially true for the helicopter motors. Due to the high spped at which these motors operate, if the gear lash is set too tight in a helicopter, the side loads on the bearings can cause failure in a little as 5-10 flights. Also, due to the high speeds at which these motors operate, often in excess of 40,000 RPM, the oil in the bearings can be thrown out after 10-12 flights. Because of these facts, we are recommending that the users of the Heli motors inspect the motor before each flight t make sure that there is no wobble in the output shaft. This will catch any problems with the bearings before the bearings actually fail. Scorpion also recommends that the bearings be oiled every 5-6 flights with a good silicone based motor oil, or a lubricating product such as Corrosion-X. This will ensure the longest possible life fir the bearings and the motor. If the bearings do wear to the point where the output shaft wobbles at all, the motor should be taken out of service and the bearings should be replaced. The bearings themselves will no longer be covered under the 2-year warranty, and any subsequent damage caused to the motor by the failure of a bearing will also not be covered. It is the responsibility of the end user to make sure that the bearings are in good condition prior to each flight, and to cease flying immediatly if the motor begins emitting any abnormal sounds that may be a sign of the bearings starting to fail.
                          no harm bringing back to rce to check.. unless u r sure it was bearing failure
                          For sale

Comment

I think you 'overworked' your motor to death !

...think about it, ...it has to pull extra weight (heavy battery) + it has to keep pulling for a longer time (10+ mins duration) ...something's sure to give.

ps: dun you find the heli extremely nose heavy with all that weight in frount ?
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                            X