Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to flying helis- need kind soul to enlighten

Hi,

i would like to get myself a DX6i transmitter for my Trex450SE. But being new to this hobby, Im not sure if this transmitter allows me to fly smaller size (6-channels) nitro-powered helis in future. Pros & cons? (Im not looking at those big size helis) Please enlighten... Many thanks!

u should get a DX7 if you plan to get nitro in the future
    or a JR 9XII
    these TX are very good you hav a budget a futaba 7CHP is a good idea too
    but if want interference free get a dx7 its worth spending a little more then a spend alot more when ur model crash just because some1 has the same Frequency or near to ur frequency
    «Kira'sHanger™®»:
    HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

to give the proper answer to u
      yes 6 channles can fly up to nitro but the disadvantage
      u cant use a goveror for ur nitro heli(its a device to keep ur headspeed constant)
      «Kira'sHanger™®»:
      HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

Many thanks for your valuable advice! By the way, is that 'governor' commonly use on big nitro helis?

Comment

First ask yourself if you intend to pick up this hobby for a long time or not.
          If yes, go for a good transmitter, no regret. However if you are just trying out, then get a normal one will do.

Governor can be used for both EP and nitro heli. It's used to maintain constant headspeed on the main rotor. For example you can set it at 2500rpm or 3000rpm constantly during your flight. You will only need to put in governor once you are going for 3D flying.

If you just practising hovering, it's not required.
          Raptor 50 Titan
          Full Kasama Head and tail upgrade
          Futaba GY502
          Align 2 in 1 regulator
          MP5
          RevMax Governor
          Futaba S9254 digital servo

Mini Titan
          Full metal head and tail upgrade
          Jeti 44 ESC
          Carbon rotor and tail blade
          Hitec 65HB x 3
          Futaba S9257
          Futaba GY401

Walkera HM 60B
          Carbon rotor and tail blade
          Full metal head and tail upgrade
          3D capable

Walkera 4#3B
          2.4GHz TX
          Flying in my room during rainning days

Walkera HM 5-4
          Mini Park Flyer
          JR PCM 9X II

Comment

Thanks RCJoker!

Hmm... Im picking up this hobby from scratch and seems really technical. Perhaps i should get a simple transmitter and learn from there for now. In future if the interest grow out of control,...lol. I will upgrade to a better transmitter then.

Thanks all for the good advice and i will continue to support this forum!

Comment

Finally... just bought myself a set of DX6i from JetHobby. This is my first time patronising that shop, but one unlucky thing happen, i realise that its a used set when i reach home. Well, seems like i have to make myself another trip down to JetHobby for an exchange.

Wondering if anyone of you all experience that with JetHobby?

Comment

Don't mind me asking, how did u conclude that it was a used set?
                AR Drone 2.0
                Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
                Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
                RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

First thing i realise was a part of the receiver broke *the collar where the wire hang out*. Secondly, i found out that at the back of the receiver was something sticky, it could be due to some adhesive that was stick onto it and torn off. So eventually, i open up the battery cover on the back of the transmitter, and there i found signs of scratches on the batteries holder.

Comment

Originally posted by komas View Post
                    Finally... just bought myself a set of DX6i from JetHobby. This is my first time patronising that shop, but one unlucky thing happen, i realise that its a used set when i reach home. Well, seems like i have to make myself another trip down to JetHobby for an exchange.

Wondering if anyone of you all experience that with JetHobby?
                    The owner of JetHobby is a super kind man so go back & talk to him about it. It could be a misunderstanding.
                    After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower View Post
                      The owner of JetHobby is a super kind man so go back & talk to him about it. It could be a misunderstanding.
                      Yeah, i can see that he's a nice guy. But didnt get to chat with him much cos i was rushing back home for dinner. Not sure if his shop is open on saturday morning?

Comment

yeap , its open
                        from 11 i think
                        Helis
                        Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower View Post
                          Indeed, the owner of JetHobby replaced a new receiver set for my purchased after i relate to him what i realised, no questions asked. He even offer to assist me with the binding of the transmitter set to the receiver. Thumbs up to him! I will definately patronise his shop again!

Comment

Originally posted by kiratime View Post
                            to give the proper answer to u
                            yes 6 channles can fly up to nitro but the disadvantage
                            u cant use a goveror for ur nitro heli(its a device to keep ur headspeed constant)
                            (newbie here)
                            I understand from above, that you need 7ch for flying nitro heli with governor mode.
                            What about 8ch, 9ch, 10ch radios? What are those extra channels used for?
                            Are they meant for things like retracting landing gear? Aerial photography? Are they easy to use for general purpose DIY stuff on the heli?

Comment

Originally posted by kaon View Post
                              (newbie here)
                              I understand from above, that you need 7ch for flying nitro heli with governor mode.
                              What about 8ch, 9ch, 10ch radios? What are those extra channels used for?
                              Are they meant for things like retracting landing gear? Aerial photography? Are they easy to use for general purpose DIY stuff on the heli?
                              yes ! wow , you do your home work ...
                              Helis
                              Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Working...
                              X