Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beam Main shaft, Harden or not harden?

Hi All,

Has anyone use Beam Harden Main shaft? Do you feel any difference between the harden ones and the standard?
    Akira.
    Planes - Vladimir Maxa4/Vladimir Blaster3/Vladimir Elf
    sigpic

U can only see a difference when you crash...

Comment

Not that I can tell hovering my beam in the past, that is what you are doing right?
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

theres a harderned version of the main shaft?
        where can i find it?

Comment

Actually i would suggest u save that bit of money for the hardened main shaft unless its cheaper than the normal main shaft.. Because no matter how 'light' u crash, im sure that u would not want a unreliable main shaft in the newly repaired heli right?

Mini titan also has its own hardened main shaft and i find no difference in the performance whatsoever.. The only difference is that when it crashes, the hardened shaft would not bend as much.. But that also depends on how u crash it..
          AR Drone 2.0
          Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
          Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
          RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Agreed with John. Unless you're lucky enough to save your heli, or else the crash will still bend the main shaft. The hardened main shaft will bend lesser, but in the end, LPPL, still have to change main shaft. Ask me how I know...

Comment

Thanks guys. Those are good info. at the end still need to change. might as well go for the cheaper standard ones.
              Akira.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                Not that I can tell hovering my beam in the past, that is what you are doing right?
                No I am not even hovering yet. I am crashing most of the time.
                Akira.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by akirared View Post
                  No I am not even hovering yet. I am crashing most of the time.

Then no need the hardened shaft, just stick to whatever is cheaper. Will go a long way for you.

The other thing is see how and what cause you to crash, resolve that and not repeat.

Comment

Thanks.
                    Akira.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by akirared View Post
                      Thanks.

I had a very hard time with the Beam too actually. A lot of lockouts that I couldn't resolve. I believed Nazar who has Beam as well encountered this issue as well, so be sure to take note of it.

Comment

What do you mean by lockout?
                        Akira.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok see http://www.rcfaq.com/ANSWERS/RADIO/INDEX.HTM

Read the diff between PCM and PPM and most importantly on PCM lockout. Some of these glitches or lockout could be due to the carbon frame and way we route our electronics. So when you crash, it is best to determine the cause, nothing worse than recurrence equipment issue. Can pull hair out resolving it.

Comment

I have tried both and no noticable differences. If anything, u want the shaft to be weaker, not stronger, so that there is a higher chance that the main shaft absorbs any impact during a crash and not transfer it to the main frame or the mounting blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                              Ok see http://www.rcfaq.com/ANSWERS/RADIO/INDEX.HTM

Read the diff between PCM and PPM and most importantly on PCM lockout. Some of these glitches or lockout could be due to the carbon frame and way we route our electronics. So when you crash, it is best to determine the cause, nothing worse than recurrence equipment issue. Can pull hair out resolving it.
                              I am on 2.4Ghz. Any problem with that?
                              Akira.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X