Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.4 or good old fm,pcm??

As above what are your opinions preferences??
    92.31%
    pcm
    7.69%
    «Kira'sHanger™®»:
    HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

what kind of a question is that?
    Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny
      what kind of a question is that?
      err what i meant was would you prefer to use your 2.4ghz or your pcm radio
      Correct if anything is wrong still new to the hobby
      thanks!
      «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Originally posted by kiratime
        err what i meant was would you prefer to use your 2.4ghz or your pcm radio
        Correct if anything is wrong still new to the hobby
        thanks!
        New meh, 500+ posts liao leh

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
          New meh, 500+ posts liao leh
          some are questions the rest are rubbish mah
          check my join date.....not even a year
          «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

For me :

Helis : 2.4Ghz

Planes : 72mhz

Boats : 2.4Ghz + 72mhz + 27mhz

So far I got 3 helis, 3 planes and 6 boats sharing the rx ard.

Comment

If you are still new , go for 2.4 ... no worry of freq crash

Comment

some people say 2.4 can have lockouts but can anyone tell me what are the odds of that happening??
                thanks
                «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

2.4GHz for me... cos I am darn afraid of people who suddenly appear besides me and fly their $39.90 carefour helis... this happened to me and I was ... I quickly packed up and left.. wanted to explain to the uncle with his kid the need for freq checks...
                  In Hangar
                  Mini Titan with stock motor and ESC
                  GY401
                  HS65 for cyclics
                  Futaba 9257 for tail
                  Dualsky Xpower 2100mah
                  Gforced DX7 on 2.4GHz
                  Good to go!!! Go go go!

In Garage
                  Tokyo Marui Tiger I RC Tank

Comment

Originally posted by Sobakawa
                    2.4GHz for me... cos I am darn afraid of people who suddenly appear besides me and fly their $39.90 carefour helis... this happened to me and I was ... I quickly packed up and left.. wanted to explain to the uncle with his kid the need for freq checks...
                    wow looks like no 1 voted for pcm............
                    well yeah last 2 weeks ago i saw people crashing due to frequency clashes
                    but does lockouts happen rarely or what??
                    thanks!!
                    «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Originally posted by kiratime
                      some people say 2.4 can have lockouts but can anyone tell me what are the odds of that happening??
                      thanks

If you are on XPS brand, good luck to you. Alot of people saying they misrepresent their product and that it doesn't hop, fiasco still going on

Almost crashed on the first test of the XPS 2.4Ghz tx/rx FPV flying my Trex 450 Helicopter. I will be sticking with my Spektrum DX7/AR6200 Combo which had mo...

Futaba currently, what I know is the temp (6014rx) and 2.7volt issue
                      Heat http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t427916p1/
                      2.7volt http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7365443/tm.htm
                      Futaba also had the internal GUID screw up, not sure how cleared up that is now currently

Spektrum/JR only known issue is vibration related cap falling off, but I think that has been solved a long time ago. But I do read along something like
                      http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=61419 unlucky I guess
                      http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...cked-help.html DX7 lockout unknown reason.
                      The Spektrum is more prone to low voltage reboot and people crashed their planes after getting reboots in the air, they have since made the reboot go faster in the event of a mid air reboot.

from the above, I made a decision to go with JR 9303 2.4 to get 9 channels and faster reasonable support from JR/Spektrum. Futaba pales very badly in that area and I was esp irked (being a loyalist) that they say they cannot help people like me if I use third party products like Spartan or other servos in regards to the 2.7 volt signal issue. They are still keeping mum about the temperature problem which I see can easily be achieved in Singapore.

OH lastly, the price is much attractive with DX7 and JR 2.4 system. I originally wanted to wait for 10c but they took too long to bring it out to the market and coupled with those reasons above, not worth the money liao.
                      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
                        If you are on XPS brand, good luck to you. Alot of people saying they misrepresent their product and that it doesn't hop, fiasco still going on

Almost crashed on the first test of the XPS 2.4Ghz tx/rx FPV flying my Trex 450 Helicopter. I will be sticking with my Spektrum DX7/AR6200 Combo which had mo...

Futaba currently, what I know is the temp (6014rx) and 2.7volt issue
                        Heat http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t427916p1/
                        2.7volt http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7365443/tm.htm
                        Futaba also had the internal GUID screw up, not sure how cleared up that is now currently

Spektrum/JR only known issue is vibration related cap falling off, but I think that has been solved a long time ago. But I do read along something like
                        http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=61419 unlucky I guess
                        http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...cked-help.html DX7 lockout unknown reason.
                        The Spektrum is more prone to low voltage reboot and people crashed their planes after getting reboots in the air, they have since made the reboot go faster in the event of a mid air reboot.

from the above, I made a decision to go with JR 9303 2.4 to get 9 channels and faster reasonable support from JR/Spektrum. Futaba pales very badly in that area and I was esp irked (being a loyalist) that they say they cannot help people like me if I use third party products like Spartan or other servos in regards to the 2.7 volt signal issue. They are still keeping mum about the temperature problem which I see can easily be achieved in Singapore.

OH lastly, the price is much attractive with DX7 and JR 2.4 system. I originally wanted to wait for 10c but they took too long to bring it out to the market and coupled with those reasons above, not worth the money liao.
                        Wow thanks for the tons of info ill keep reading
                        thanks again!!
                        «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

2.4 on wood / foam / FG planes

pcm on heli

pcm on carbon gliders.
                          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

2.4 is the way to go. the important thing is, it gives me a sense of security when im flying. best feeling to fly with.
                            Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny
                              2.4 is the way to go. the important thing is, it gives me a sense of security when im flying. best feeling to fly with.
                              the poll and the people have spoken!!
                              poll:100%--2.4
                              0%----pcm
                              very very surprising results
                              «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Working...
                              X