Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeti Spin 44. Don't understand. ANY HELP?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeti Spin 44. Don't understand. ANY HELP?

I've been getting help from my flying group to setup my esc and transmitter for my Mini Titan, but there are some things I still don't understand.

I'm using a Jeti Spin 44 ESC with Scorpion -8. My transmitter is the Spektrum DX6i

At first when we were programming the transmitter, the motor could not throttle down completely once we've spooled up, even though Throttle Hold always works.

After that we turned off the governor feature on the esc and it still couldn't throttle down to zero. So we adjusted the EPA/Travel for the throttle on transmitter. Had to reduce to 87% before it actually worked.

Is this normal for Jeti Spin ESC? Is there any other/better way to make it work?

Have you set up your transmitter end point? You will have to put your throttle stick all the way up and on your transmitter followed by a tone. After which you put your stick down and wait for the buzz. After which disconnect and connect your batt. Remember to reset your throttle ATV to +-100 first. To be on the safe side Ill remove the blades first.
    Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny
      Have you set up your transmitter end point? You will have to put your throttle stick all the way up and on your transmitter followed by a tone. After which you put your stick down and wait for the buzz. After which disconnect and connect your batt. Remember to reset your throttle ATV to +-100 first. To be on the safe side Ill remove the blades first.
      I'm sorry typo. Put the stick all the way up then on your heli.
      Kedi AH !

Comment

Think we tried something like that already.
        Actually I have the Jeti Spin Box (ESC programming box).
        Anyone know what settings I need to put into that with regards to my motor and heli?

Comment

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Yep.. I guess most do.. but just that maybe you're the only one having this problem

Did you set any trim on your throttle channel? all should be neutral.. or why don't you just setup a new model in your transmitter. where everything is in neutral, then start your setup from there and see what happen.

Originally posted by Lplate
            Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Jeti Spin ESC setting

Hi,

I’m using the Spin 33 with Scopion -8 motor and 9XII TX. Using the “Heli constant RPM” settings in the Auto Set menu. All default settings, so far so good for my sports flying.

There are many setting valuable for this ESC, need some time to do it right. Try the above setting, once it is working than you do the fine tuning.

Like tucfaz suggest, use a new model in your TX to start a new. There could be some mixings or settings that could have been changed.

Oh, you have to be sure what setting you had set. There is no "something like that".

Cheers.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Oh yah. Just to update for others using Jeti Spin esc...

Discovered why i couldn't throttle down to zero with my throttle stick.
                It was because I had previously programmed my ESC with Low Throttle Point left on AUTO.

So, what the ESC does is assume that my transmitter throttle stick position is at zero when I turn on the ESC. But because I always start my heli with throttle hold switch on, it actually registered -5 (my setting on throttle hold curve) as THE Low Throttle Position. So when I try to reduce throttle to zero with my throttle stick (after having spooled up), the ESC only goes down to +5.

Now I know if I want to use AUTO setting for Low Throttle Point in the ESC, I should make sure the lowest throttle position on the transmitter is also at zero (even in the Throttle Hold Curve). But now I choose to not use AUTO setting in the ESC but to programme the fixed low and high throttle point with my transmitter. Safer i think. heheh.

Thanks all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X