Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To use GOv or not to use?

I am flying a MT, and was haveing some tail waging problem .So after todays FF with my kaki, i have decided to get a 9257 to replace my 81 rudder servo . i have been spend some time on helifreak and RunRyder just now and found out governor mode can cause wagging if headspeed it not high enough or the governor may not work well. some Ammo also suggested not to fly with gov mode, i have been trouble by this issue for quite some time. to use GOV or Not?
    YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
    JGF500th
    CC45
    Hitec 65HB x 3
    Futaba 9257
    Futaba GY401
    [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
    Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
    e-STATION BC6
    kong lipo
    Dualsky
    ace RC
    x TREAM

Gov mode are supposed to aid you to make ur headspeed constant and to fly better. Some ESC gov are capable and makes a difference, some are not and makes more fuss than aiding.

Did not manage to set the CC45 gov to work well and the pulsing creates confusion to the gyro. In the end, just use throttle curve and so much nicer. CC35 and 45 needs a certain gov throttle % togther with the gov gain settings inorder not to have the pulsing. I see you have a CC45, above are some thoughts for you to consider.

Comment

gov or not

Hi Boo saa,
      I m not on gov mode. using 9257 with g770t. Tail is rock solid. No wagging issues. running stock esc n motor too.

IMK
      Fly Hard! Fly Safe!

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind
        Gov mode are supposed to aid you to make ur headspeed constant and to fly better. Some ESC gov are capable and makes a difference, some are not and makes more fuss than aiding.

Did not manage to set the CC45 gov to work well and the pulsing creates confusion to the gyro. In the end, just use throttle curve and so much nicer. CC35 and 45 needs a certain gov throttle % togther with the gov gain settings inorder not to have the pulsing. I see you have a CC45, above are some thoughts for you to consider.
        thanks for youe advice, So if i should use fix throttle on my esc setting, base on my set up,wat is the prefer thro curve, can i set it at a certian % AND JUST PLAY WITH MY PITCH..I.E 0-80-80-80-80
        YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
        JGF500th
        CC45
        Hitec 65HB x 3
        Futaba 9257
        Futaba GY401
        [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
        Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
        e-STATION BC6
        kong lipo
        Dualsky
        ace RC
        x TREAM

Comment

Originally posted by boo_saa
          thanks for youe advice, So if i should use fix throttle on my esc setting, base on my set up,wat is the prefer thro curve, can i set it at a certian % AND JUST PLAY WITH MY PITCH..I.E 0-80-80-80-80
          yup, u can do tat, the prefered thro curve will be the most efficient for ur motor. (Can ask ard for the recommended % for ur motor)

Things to note that ur pitch curve must be tally will ur thro curve, if not ur tail will still drift if u punch up or down.

Comment

Hi, this is my experience.
            I use CC45 and CC35 with governor mode on my Mini Titan with Scorpion 3000Kv motor running on

1. 0/75/75/75/75 -3/0/+10
            2. 75/75/75/75/75 -10/0/+10
            3. 75/75/75/75/75 -10/0/+10

I suggest you play around with the settings. I don't trust using software, too complicated and too many settings that may not even make a difference. I use transmitter to do it.

I use 10 deg with low Kv motor and my bogging is minimum. I can keep flip and headspeed quite constant. My headspeed is not impressive, in fact its considered very low. But its enough for piro flips and tail slide holds rock solid.

I'm using JRG770T with 9257. If you want to trade your JR with 401 let me know
            Also, look at the mini titan thread. JR gyro's setting is not really the same as 401. I had the problem of tail wagging before because I used 401's method.

Hope this helps. End of day it may not even be your headspeed ...

Comment

Oh, sorry. I jump gun again.... threadstarter not using JR gyro

Comment

Working...
              X