Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex V2 head on Mini-Titan

I have ordered a copterX Trex V2 head from overseas. I am thinking of replacing the entire metal head (from swash to blade grip) of Mini-Titan with a complete trex V2 head but i realise the Trex swash plate is different from the MT swash plate.

How do i go about it?
    In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

I just wanted to do the same thing a month ago but decided to abandon that project. You will need to solder a new "stabilizing rod" on the opposite side of the swash and remove the one on the ball link.
    A little soldering work with some precision i guess.

Either that, buy a metal mini titan swash, remove the ball links, enlarge the holes for Trex size ball links, and tadah!

It seemed like too much work for me, so I canceled my order. haha
    Fleet:
    Fliton AJ Extra-330
    Fliton Edge-540 mini
    Fliton Extra-260 mini
    Precision Aerobatics Katana MD
    Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini
    MPX AcroMaster
    MPX Gemini
    MPX Funjet
    MPX Blizzard
    Alfa models ME190
    WildHare Edge540 25% 30cc DLE
    TWM 1/7 Scale P-47 Thunderbolt 26cc MVVS
    TWM midget mustang
    TWM P-51 Mustang
    TWM Aure EP

TT Mini Titan Scale Cobra
    TT Mini Titan METAL
    MSH Protos

TT Sparrowhawk DX

Futaba 14MZ 2.4GHz F.A.S.S.T.
    Spectrum DX3S 2.4GHz DSM Telemetry

Comment

It's the anti rotation that should be bothering you right?? Trex share the elevator servo link with the anti rotation while Mini-T swash has a stand alone anti rotation, and both have the elevator place in the opposite direction..

hehe.. That's the beauty of the hobby.. Think Think Think stress

Can use Mini-T swash plate with the V2 head?? or tap a hole and mount the anti rotation pin on the other side of the V2 swash..

Originally posted by flameangel
      I have ordered a copterX Trex V2 head from overseas. I am thinking of replacing the entire metal head (from swash to blade grip) of Mini-Titan with a complete trex V2 head but i realise the Trex swash plate is different from the MT swash plate.

How do i go about it?

Comment

Didn't know so lay chey...

Never do my homework properly. There goes my $100
        In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Eh.. $100 bucks.. Just go get a tapping tool from Art friend while there are many more better places to get these, but I know Art friend do sell the tool.. Drill a hole, tap.. then get a spare Trex ball link with the antirotation pin and mount it.. That's it.. You get what you wanted, you save your $100 you learn something..

Originally posted by flameangel
          Didn't know so lay chey...

Never do my homework properly. There goes my $100

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
            Eh.. $100 bucks.. Just go get a tapping tool from Art friend while there are many more better places to get these, but I know Art friend do sell the tool.. Drill a hole, tap.. then get a spare Trex ball link with the antirotation pin and mount it.. That's it.. You get what you wanted, you save your $100 you learn something..

Comment

Here are a few choices that I done before that u can try:
              1. Get a brass plate and wrap around the outer swash plate. Tape a hole for the antirotation linkages.
              2. Get Honey Bee CP? swash plate. Ball thread size is the same as TRex.
              3. Reuse Mini-Titan swash plate with the small balls...but the linkages on top u use TRex.

Comment

Working...
              X