Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler Installation

Got a new MP5 and undersand you need silicon to seal off the header block?
    Is this a special type of silicon or can I get it at most hardware stores?

i use RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanization) silicon sealant.

all hardware stores shd have. check under plumbing...i use Loctite Blue. but most ppl recommend Red.. i couldnt find red at that time so just use blue. no adverse effect that i know of.

just spread v thinly and make sure no sealant gets into carb.

good luck!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
      i use RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanization) silicon sealant.

all hardware stores shd have. check under plumbing...i use Loctite Blue. but most ppl recommend Red.. i couldnt find red at that time so just use blue. no adverse effect that i know of.

just spread v thinly and make sure no sealant gets into carb.

good luck!
      Thanks so this sealant has got nothign to do with your loctite right???

Comment

the RTV sealant brand is "Loctite" and it comes in dfferent colours. i just use blue cause its what i found. MP5 manual says use red of course. there are other brands around of course. but it is impt to be RTV! must be able to vulcanize/cure at room temperature.

sorry for hte confusion. Loctite is the Brand of the sealant. its not the normal threadlock on screws.

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
          the RTV sealant brand is "Loctite" and it comes in dfferent colours. i just use blue cause its what i found. MP5 manual says use red of course. there are other brands around of course. but it is impt to be RTV! must be able to vulcanize/cure at room temperature.

sorry for hte confusion. Loctite is the Brand of the sealant. its not the normal threadlock on screws.
          Understood, thanks!

Comment

Be careful with the RTV and apply very little. Otherwise you will foul your plugs and kill them with any attempt to run your engine.

I saw someone go thru 4 plugs within a span of 1hour...
            Don't PCW

Beam E4
            Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
            Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Working...
            X